Login Search

NYJ CLE Thursday Night Football

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
Brown's should have won 6 games last year. Kizer blew 4 games with WTF red zone turnovers and Hue blew 2 with clock mismanagement. Hue is still mishandling the clock but the team is much improved. I expect the team to come out with their hair on fire and treat this game like a playoff. Browns run defense has been top 10 the last few years, so that's not a fluke. Now they have a solid secondary too. Great spot to release the bud...
Ask any jet fan - they should have won 9 games last year - got jobbed by a remarkable TD overturn that gave Pats a win. Means nothing.

Jets execute a little better than week 2 they win this game by 10 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
Ask any jet fan - they should have won 9 games last year - got jobbed by a remarkable TD overturn that gave Pats a win. Means nothing.
Jets execute a little better than week 2 they win this game by 10 or more.
I was merely pointing out that for all the people who keep saying that the Browns were 0-16 last year that they were actually better than their winless record showed. They were clearly tanking. I'm still not sure if Hue was screwing up, mismanaging games on purpose but he's a weak link for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
for all the people who keep saying that the Browns were 0-16 last year that they were actually better than their winless record showed. They were clearly tanking.
So after going 3-13 (2015) and then 1-15 (2016), the Browns masterminded a campaign of intentionally going 0-16?

These dividends paying off are still not reflected in the win column.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
So after going 3-13 (2015) and then 1-15 (2016), the Browns masterminded a campaign of intentionally going 0-16?

These dividends paying off are still not reflected in the win column.
Yep, the front office was intent on tanking last year. They could have had their franchise QB a year early in Wentz or Watson or Mahomes but they chose to wait another year. Hue even mentioned that he was paid to LOSE games, insinuating that the front office wanted him to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
lol what? Why would you think of this as a wild offensive game?

Both teams struggle offensively. Jets D won’t know all the Brown’s plays, but Browns actually have a good D this year. I doubt either team breaks 350 total offensive yards. You got a rookie QB on the road on a short week and a Tyrod Taylor with a short WR group off back to back heartbreak losses due to shitty kicker. TNF games typically struggle offensively anyways.

To me, this game screams 20-13 Browns, or worse, 16-13 Browns.
I always assume thurs night games favor offense...or like i said "wild" nonsense (turnovers, def tds, 75+ plays) i dont trust Hue to coach his way out of a close game where the jets dont cover 10 and i like one team to break 20

dunno i will prob take more bets on props if anything

I just put a sizable bet on the Browns -2 the first half. The Jets are a pretty good team that may win this game but I've got to think the Browns are going to be on fire to start this game. The Browns have been a good 1st half team, even when they went winless last year. They seem to get off to great starts

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
Stop
Huh? Do you follow the Browns? It is well documented. A simple Google search...

Did the Browns set up a winless QB room to tank, or were they just stupid?
Jan 2, 2018
Tony GrossiESPN Cleveland

People believe that Brown and DePodesta were in agreement that a veteran-free quarterback room would serve the purpose of assuring the Browns of winning as few games as possible and heightening the team’s draft position in 2018. Thus, the plan they put into action – tanking, in essence – worked to perfection. Instead of fixing the system that produced such a misguided decision, Haslam merely picked one scapegoat and replaced him. And so it goes.