Login Search

Who will win the world cup?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
For those who want to pick Germany to win the whole thing, remember that the last time a country won it back to back was 56 years ago by Brazil. I'm not saying they can't do it, but I wouldnt bet on it
You want to know something that in my opinion is CRAZIER than that stat you named?

in the last 16 world cups which run inclusive 1954 to 2014, Germany has finished in 4th place or better a STAGGERING TWELVE TIMES!!!

12 TIMES out of 16 appearances !!!

They have made the final as either the Winner or the Runner up 8 times. EIGHT FREAKING TIMES !!! that is half of the World Cups in the last 64 years that they have been a participant in the Final.

IF THERE WAS EVER A TEAM THAT COULD REPEAT IT IS GERMANY

Belgium and Colombia have nice odds for their talent

I like the England squad to possibly surprise...they usually choke but they picked a lot of talented younger players that don’t know any better

I think France Germany and Brazil are around the same in terms of the best chances to go all the way...Spain and Argentina a notch below them IMO
Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 06-05-18 at 09:57 PM.

Brazil is my pick. The team is loaded and destroyed a tough Conmebol. Spain would be another pick but the team is full of old men and I see a repeat of 2014 happening.

The legit dark horse in my opinion is Poland. They have their best team in decades. Crazy how little respect you guys are giving them. Another dark horse that nobody is talking about is Nigeria. They also have their best team in decades and let's not forget how badly they annihilated Argentina not too long ago.

Do we lay the juice with Europe on this prop? Keep in mind the tournament is on European soil and the only real threats to this losing are Brazil/Argentina

FIFA World Cup 2018 Continent Of Winner
Thu 6/14 11:00AM
Europe -275
South America +200
Rest of the World +3300
Africa +7500

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
You want to know something that in my opinion is CRAZIER than that stat you named?

in the last 16 world cups which run inclusive 1954 to 2014, Germany has finished in 4th place or better a STAGGERING TWELVE TIMES!!!

12 TIMES out of 16 appearances !!!

They have made the final as either the Winner or the Runner up 8 times. EIGHT FREAKING TIMES !!! that is half of the World Cups in the last 64 years that they have been a participant in the Final.

IF THERE WAS EVER A TEAM THAT COULD REPEAT IT IS GERMANY
Thats one way of looking at it. Another way is sooner or later they have got to go out in the 2nd round of a world up, something I believe they havent done in a long time (too lazy to google the stats)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
Do we lay the juice with Europe on this prop? Keep in mind the tournament is on European soil and the only real threats to this losing are Brazil/Argentina

FIFA World Cup 2018 Continent Of Winner
Thu 6/14 11:00AM
Europe -275
South America +200
Rest of the World +3300
Africa +7500
Russia isnt traditional Europe though. About 70% of Russia lies in Asia.

Most stadia are in Western-Russia however:

Last edited by Esco; 06-06-18 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
Belgium and Colombia have nice odds for their talent

I like the England squad to possibly surprise...they usually choke but they picked a lot of talented younger players that don’t know any better

I think France Germany and Brazil are around the same in terms of the best chances to go all the way...Spain and Argentina a notch below them IMO
Colombia isn't doing shit.

Spain or France.

Poland and Denmark suprise.

I dont know how the "nobody won 2 wc in a row" argument can be used ever. If a team is good then its good and has a high chance of winning. Low is very good at forming teams because hes actually a good scout and attends the games when a prospect plays to see if he could fit the team. Hes takes his job very very seriously unlike others who just put together a team of players who come from big clubs and just hope for the best. We see how that worked out for spain at euro last time or argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
I dont know how the "nobody won 2 wc in a row" argument can be used ever. If a team is good then its good and has a high chance of winning. Low is very good at forming teams because hes actually a good scout and attends the games when a prospect plays to see if he could fit the team. Hes takes his job very very seriously unlike others who just put together a team of players who come from big clubs and just hope for the best. We see how that worked out for spain at euro last time or argentina.
agree , that is also one of the reasons Sané was dropped from the final squad. He hasn’t done anything for the national team and he doesn’t fit in yet. People also forget that Reus is going to play his first big tournament in Russia now after suffering season ending injuries the last two times. If he stays healthy he is one of the best players in the world and could easily become one of the superstars this World Cup. I think this German squad is even stronger now compared to Brazil 4 years ago.