Login Search

Stunned @ the USC Stanford Line

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
You have to take into account captain turnover, Darnold is playing. I love how he is high on draft boards but leads the country in fumbles and picks. He is the reason USC doesn't have a playoff chance because of how shitty this guy was in big games. The Jets better not draft this clown.
In the eyes of draft analysts apparently when you put on a USC uniform as a qb you automatically become elevated to a mythical status. I see this all the time with USC qbs, they can have a 1 or 2 good games then analysts start talking about how great they are. Darnold was talked about a lot after 1 or 2 decent/good games, they were already talking high draft pick. Mark Sanchez played 1 full season and even left school early and was picked 5th overall, Matt Cassel never started and threw 33 total college passes and was drafted. Something about that being a qb at that school.

Getting back to the thread, do any one of you fools want to try and make an argument for why this line is not a good line? Remember, your status does not mean s**t to the line makers in Vegas. Your opinion is worthless. If you think you are to good, put your money (you know, the stuff you do not have any of) where your mouth is. I want to see a legitimate reason why you think this line is wrong, either way. Ithink the line is a good one. Prove me wrong BEFORE the game starts, not after it starts arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
I was thinking it would open around 6. Never said the line is wrong, lol, that was be blasphemy. Was just stunned is all. BOL
6 would have been too high on a neutral field, Stanford has grown in many people's eyes beating Wash and Dame of late while USC has had a much weaker schedule the last 4 games, because of that Stanford is rated slightly higher than USC now. Therefore if you go by ratings USC shouldnt even be favored, but they are trying to sell here based on the fact that USC has already beaten Stanford handily prob, amongst other small things.
Last edited by jtoler; 11-28-17 at 02:57 PM.

Lines are not expected outcomes (otherwise they would never change,) they are just bait to get the public equal on both sides of the fence. A game like this is more like 50/50 SU anyway you look at it. My guess whoever wins this game the final score won't be within the four points anyway. Your USC pick is worth no more than your Stanford pick and vice versa.

I just did a coin toss and it said take Stanford. My coin toss is worth just as much as anybody in here's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
Getting back to the thread, do any one of you fools want to try and make an argument for why this line is not a good line? Remember, your status does not mean s**t to the line makers in Vegas. Your opinion is worthless. If you think you are to good, put your money (you know, the stuff you do not have any of) where your mouth is. I want to see a legitimate reason why you think this line is wrong, either way. Ithink the line is a good one. Prove me wrong BEFORE the game starts, not after it starts arseholes.
this was my post #10 in this thread...feel free to agree or disagree with me...IMO, the Trojans are easy money...football is a game about how well teams match up with one another...simply put, Stanford doesn't match up very well with USC...the disparity in overall team speed was the first thing I noticed during their first meeting earlier in the season...USC was simply bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than the Cardinal...especially in the trenches where they dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage...that will be the difference again in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
like the first time they met when we WAS healthy and still got their asses handed to them 42 - 24?!.......yes, Love had a good game (17 carries for 160 yds) but most of those yards came on two explosive plays including a 75 yd TD run..the Trojans defense had him pretty much contained the rest of the night...but the real mismatch here is how USC dominated both lines of scrimmage...and also USC racked up over 623 yards of total offense with a well balanced attack via both the run and pass...Stanford had no answer for them...fishy line or not, I'm taking USC (-3) and let the chips fall where they may...
Last edited by Da Manster!; 11-28-17 at 04:52 PM.