Login Search

Hurricane IRMA

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Florida has endured many hurricanes.. This not that different... I think this is all over blown and the fake news is hyping it up for ratings.. We'll see though???
Jibbby - I have friends in Turks n Caicos whose homes are in rubble. Here's a church that was a shelter until the roof collapsed. And remember that homes in these islands are built to a much higher code than homes in Florida...

Provo airport...

Give Points

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Mac4Lyfe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
Is it me or is the fukkker headed back to Houston??? Unfukkingreal.
Looking at this thing from when it got close, I didn't understand why more of these shit models didn't have it going west. You guys should be alright. LA could get fcked if Donks lover Katia pushes it to sit in the Gulf. Meteorology is a cake job. I love the shit from when I was a kid. Would have been my job if I didn't fck up my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
Looking at this thing from when it got close, I didn't understand why more of these shit models didn't have it going west. You guys should be alright. LA could get fcked if Donks lover Katia pushes it to sit in the Gulf. Meteorology is a cake job. I love the shit from when I was a kid. Would have been my job if I didn't fck up my life.
I don't think any of the models had it going West like it looks now. It looks like it may hit the keys and a little bit of South Florida but come straight into the gulf and slam LA and MS?? Maybe even get pulled more West towards Texas?

I just bought an inflatable boat but it won't be here for 2 weeks. Dammit.

^^^Well Mac you would know better then I.. I never experienced a hurricane or even a tornado living on the west coast out here in Cali.. Just seems like every news station I'm watching on TV right now is all gloom and doom..

I figured Hurricanes are nothing new for the Floridians..

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
I don't think any of the models had it going West like it looks now. It looks like it may hit the keys and a little bit of South Florida but come straight into the gulf and slam LA and MS?? Maybe even get pulled more West towards Texas?

I just bought an inflatable boat but it won't be here for 2 weeks. Dammit.
One line had it swinging into the Gulf then LA, and MS area. It looks like it is going to start taking its upward turn soon after it bounces off Cuba, so all should be well in your area. Probably goes up, and just shits on the Keys and Western Florida. Tampa doesn't look great now.
Last edited by Cuse0323; 09-09-17 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
Right now it's going to go right up the west coast. The models are inaccurate because they don't know where it'll turn. Now North Florida is overrun with evacuees and there's no gas and no where to go except hunker down. If it skips land, gets out into the gulf and comes my way, it's been nice posting with you guys these years
Did you get any supplies? I know for the longest time you boys weren't really in the mix.

^^^Well Mac you would know better then I.. I never experienced a hurricane or even a tornado living on the west coast out here in Cali.. Just seems like every news station I'm watching on TV right now is all gloom and doom..
I figured Hurricanes are nothing new for the Floridians..
Jibbby - it's one of the most horrible things to experience. It's like a tornado that won't stop for several hours. The roaring sounds and the pressure build up on the roof is frightening. You just duck and cover expecting the house to collapse at any minute. Then the unfortunate souls who's house isn't strong enough are thrashed into the streets, dodging debris, wind, rain, down electrical lines, etc. People are literally clinging to trees, bodies, animals flying. Hurricanes are devastating wherever it lands. You just pray that the eye never comes near you.

Earthquakes are very frightening as well. I've had my share in LA. The unexpectedness of a quake and wondering if more is to come is gut wrenching as well. But, it's normally over after several minutes and you just have to be lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Hurricanes take days to come and then you are stuck for several days, it's normally calm a few days before, then you get rain, then you get battering rain, then you get wind and battering rain, then you get the locomotive in your living room for several hours, then that sound dissipates but still more wind and battering rain so if your roof blew off, you get flooded, then more rain, then the calm and the aftermath. Homes in South Florida are not built to withstand this.

^^ Yup Mac, I think I'd take big earthquakes over big hurricanes then... I've been thru some big earthquakes personally speaking..

I was literally at the epicenter of the Northridge earthquake here in LA years ago.. I could not stand, everything was flying around the room and crashing on the floor, all the lights went out so it was pitch dark also which made matters worse.. I could hear crashes and bangs out side, neighbors screaming, car alarms going off, etc.. For a second you really think it is the end of the world..

I had to just sit in my bed wide eyed and hope the roof didn't fall down on my head.. Very scary are the big ones.. They are over very fast though unlike the Hurricanes though....

^^ Yup Mac, I think I'd take big earthquakes over big hurricanes then... I've been thru some big earthquakes personally speaking..

I was literally at the epicenter of the Northridge earthquake here in LA years ago.. I could not stand, everything was flying around the room and crashing on the floor, all the lights went out so it was pitch dark also which made matters worse.. I could hear crashes and bangs out side, neighbors screaming, car alarms going off, etc.. For a second you really think it is the end of the world..

I had to just sit in my bed wide eyed and hope the roof didn't fall down on my head.. Very scary are the big ones.. They are over very fast though unlike the Hurricanes though....
I was skiing in Squaw when that hit. We had to take the back roads home because a couple of freeways collapsed. My place in Westwood had a huge brick Chimney that cracked. I couldn't stay in my place until it was inspected.

Northridge looked like a war zone, we drove around checking out the damage.

I was living on the beach in Marina Del Rey when Northridge. I jumped out of the house onto the sidewalk and several cars parked on the street were bouncing up and down like they were on hydraulics. People started coming into the streets screaming. I could hear a couple houses behind me crackle like they were about to collapse. I spent the next couple days looking at the beach, afraid to death that there was going to be a tsunami. Santa Monica got thrashed. They had a Catholic Church that damn near fell to the ground and houses 2 - 3 blocks from the beach were inhabitable. I still don't understand why SM got hit so bad? I really didn't know how bad it was until I saw the 10 had collapsed.

My mom visited me one time when there was a small tremor. I could hear her in the bedroom going, "woah, aww, whew, wah", I said mom calm down it's just a quake. She finds out the next day that the epicenter was like 100 miles away... She never came out to LA to visit me again.

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
Did you get any supplies? I know for the longest time you boys weren't really in the mix.
Yea...we got hit by Hermine last year so people were prepared. Ironically I've been keeping empty water jugs for a non-hurricane related reason, so we'll have 20 gallons and I'll freeze as much as I can. Not much else we can do but hunker down and hope we don't lose power for too long or a tree doesn't fall on the house.