Login Search

The Official 2017 CFL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
...After seeing how they’ve brought the action I’ve predicted, I’ve gone in line with that thinking and have picked up Saskatchewan Roughriders +10 (-105) and +350 over Calgary Stampeders.

For trading purposes similar to last time, I have also picked up Saskatchewan +10 (-110) over Calgary. I’ll explain the multiple entry points in a later post about tracking...

At least I wasn't as wrong as that Rudy guy in this thread...

When the total moved 3.5 points, I should have known that the under was a gimme.
As for Calgary covering DD, I am pretty surprised and we will have to keep an eye on the Stamps, as they appear to be improved offensively.

Thanks again Rudy for not taking my 150 points

For tonight’s game the sharp forecast gives Ottawa the narrow moneyline edge with 28 points to Toronto’s 27 or 28 points. The raw score gives Ottawa a .5 point edge and that’s enough for tracking purposes for this thread to consider it an upset forecast.

The stacking forecast gives Ottawa 30-31 points to Toronto’s 24 or 25 points, the public forecast shows basically the same with a 55 point total.

For the Total, the numbers are all very close to the market and, accordingly, the Total has not moved much. If anything, we’ve see some pressure pointing towards the slightly higher sharp forecast.

The line opened with Toronto -1.5 and has moved away from the forecast creating value on the Ottawa side for both the stacking and sharp forecast. The books have managed to avoid paying an upset and may be drawing upset money one last time this week.

The general public has a sense that Ottawa is at a disadvantage on the road having only played 5 days ago and this too will play into the line increase. This public thinking helps split the money, taking pressure off of Ottawa.

This line move has a sense of deception to it as well. By moving through 3 to 3.5 the books are generating money on the underdog that they are not showing. Pinny has once again played into the movement and held at -3, keeping the underdog plus odds.

Seeking the upset feels a lot like a chase and, while it would create some settlement there seem to be too many factors at play the send the metrics back to 50-50. Sure, from a value perspective that movement gives us an upset play but by the same token, for trading purposes, I haven’t seen enough value to warrant the risk.

This has the making of a very close game and could follow in the path of the last time these two met, where Toronto upset Ottawa 26-25.

Be careful with an Ottawa play a tonight, while it looks good from a few angles, it carries some real gambling risk. Perhaps it’s best to enjoy a good game that finds its way Over the offered Total, giving the fans something entertaining to watch…the public loves their Overs.

...Pinny has once again played into the movement and held at -3, keeping the underdog plus odds..
...too many factors at play the send the metrics back to 50-50...
Even if you're trying to read bookmaking techniques into the environment of moneyflow, signals get very mixed.

Pinny moved to 3.5 but acknowledging the pressure that would occur with that move, now have the favorite at plus odds.

This serves a few purposes, as another would be to generate action. Pinny likely didn't need to move off of 3 due to pressure but is more likely trying to generate action along with the deception.

The sharp forecast gives Winnipeg the win with 34 or 36 points to Montreal’s 27 points.

The stacking forecast calls for a 27-27 tie with Winnipeg getting the slight moneyline. The public gauge says Winnipeg wins about 26-23.

I can see more pressure on the Winnipeg despite the movements. As the first game this week, it will be best to watch the moneyflow and this first game could show some deception. I wouldn’t trust the line movements too much here as they are being used to control the flow of money and not indicative of “sharpness” or efficiency.

I’ll be on the lake today and don’t have time to offer much more information or a review of last Monday’s game. I’ll check in later but wanted to get these numbers in the thread.

Good Luck with whatever you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
Another close game right on the closer...

...This has the making of a very close game and could follow in the path of the last time these two met, where Toronto upset Ottawa 26-25.

Be careful with an Ottawa play a tonight, while it looks good from a few angles, it carries some real gambling risk. Perhaps it’s best to enjoy a good game that finds its way Over the offered Total, giving the fans something entertaining to watch…the public loves their Overs...

It stayed Under but was decided at the end by the field goal. The public is getting used to the +3.5 being a play, it will be interesting to see how that plays out in the future, with +3.5's hanging a little sooner than the close, so people have more of a chance to pick it up.