Login Search

I'm a millennial help me understand

Last Post

Default I'm a millennial help me understand

Help me understand other millennials. I apologize for the long post but I had to get this off my chest lest I succumb to a heart attack. I'd appreciate it stay in PT.

There is a called to protest, outright ban, the electoral college. There are demonstrations against the election of Trump as president of the USA. A call to have Jon Stewart run in 2020. A farewell and dream to Bernie losing the primary. They are so sure if Bernie went head to head with Trump he'd win easily.

They are wrong. Trump is our president. We have to accept like it or not. I do not like it, but he won, fair and square. He would've beat Bernie, The Dalhia Llama, Biden etc because the platform did not conform to the primary issue/grievance depressing a large voting bloc of the electorate. Trump would've destroyed them all because he was the only option to at least offer an alternative to calcified establishment that eroded the economic viability of a huge geographic area of the United States that dates back to the 90s. Yet all I see is millennials running to facebook calling racism, misogyny, homphiobia of this country because they don't see people struggling to survive.

I am very afraid of the youngest generation, my generation's, refusal to learn from its mistakes. Rather than autopsying this election to learn where things went wrong, they cry foul.

I am a liberal, I will learn from my party's mistakes. We will understand our fallacies and make ourselves better to the voting population that should've not, but did, go unnoticed,

in the meantime, congratulation to Trump 2016

Stealthy you take the high road and should encourage friends family to do the same....these protesters are a bunch of cry baby's..there mad at the electoral college but if she had won and not got popular vote they would not have cared it's called being a poor sport little bitch then u get dumb bitches like lady Gaga basically keeping racial tentions high in America...

The Voters finally had enough of The Establishment.
Trump ran on everything wrong with DC , Republican, Democrats, Independents, Liberals , we all know our politicians can't fix it , im not so sure they want to anyway . Hell they would've already if they could .
Whether you like him or not , his campaign knew exactly what to go after with voters . They were smart enough to push what the issue is , the Government itself.
I don't agree with him on everything, nobody should just because of party affiliation but I was ready for an outsider.
The ones in DC are locked in the system. They're damn near all the same regardless of that little letter by their name .
Give Points

Points Awarded:

stealthyburrito gave Slipknot26 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nismo gave Slipknot26 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Has greget check in yet? I respect real men and women who voiced the opinions good bad or indifferent who came back and let it go and moved on people like him stealthy are the ones who are crying and pouting because the media made them believe he had no chance and that he is racist now we have a race war that is stronger then it was and the celebrity's and media are doing nothing but keeping it going

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
Stealthy you take the high road and should encourage friends family to do the same....these protesters are a bunch of cry baby's..there mad at the electoral college but if she had won and not got popular vote they would not have cared it's called being a poor sport little bitch then u get dumb bitches like lady Gaga basically keeping racial tentions high in America...
Buckles Liberals took the high road all election vis a vis trump outbursts. They thought they didn't have to engage the outer extremeties of trump support BECAUSE THEY ASSUMED THAT WAS THE MAJORITY OF TRUMP SUPPORTERS. They couldn't be further from the truth.

Trump support comes from the heartland, and YET THEY STILL REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. They are normal people looking to make a living.

It is unbearable and it sickens. Liberals weren't playing politics. They though they were playing moral authority.

Thats a loaded post post stealthy, one that would take me hours to respond to in full on my phone

But I think the most basic premise is that they feel they have no control so they act out. Protests are the new thing, and when used strategically, they can be powerful, but they lose their effectiveness when you start protesting everything. Look at how watered down these protests feel.

Grinding out change is hard and most don't have the slightest clue where to begin or the avenues to navigate to create change from within. So they feel helpless, and end up throwing bricks theogh windows because ya, fukk the man, and it feels good to fukk shit up when you're angry and don't have an outlet.

My solution is better education and informing people how to get involved and making it easier to be politically active. Its not a sexy answer but coming from someone that has fought political battles, been active for the better part of nearly two decades and stood before the Oklahoma state supreme court multiple times, thats my answer.

Let's face it, both candidates were/are flawed. However, which candidates aren't?

Ideally, Trump will focus on positive projects, like infrastructure and improving Obamacare, which have certain parts that are good for everyone.

If if he really wants to build a bridge, he should put Bernie in his cabinet- like secretary of education. I know it is unrealistic but that really puts things in a different context.

Trump,has been successful focusing on those taken for granted, essentially the majority of people, maybe catering a little to the over indulged (like many of the Bernie supporters) will work wonders.

I understand guys. I haven't read any articles yet about how/why the men/women conducting polls on the ground got it so wrong.

Krackers, the best approach as a liberal, as you or I, is not to act out. I know for many people, including the young, it's hard to accept.

THE KRAKEN, She lost, got her ass handed to her within the confines of our democratic system. It takes a team, perhaps an army, to diagnose the death of her campaign. There were so many misses it's unreal.

instead, we have all these kids fighting what's already inevitable. It is an incredible waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by toga toga View Post
Let's face it, both candidates were/are flawed. However, which candidates aren't?

Ideally, Trump will focus on positive projects, like infrastructure and improving Obamacare, which have certain parts that are good for everyone.

If if he really wants to build a bridge, he should put Bernie in his cabinet- like secretary of education. I know it is unrealistic but that really puts things in a different context.

Trump,has been successful focusing on those taken for granted, essentially the majority of people, maybe catering a little to the over indulged (like many of the Bernie supporters) will work wonders.
But what about the essence of the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by toga toga View Post

Toga, not sure if you know this or not, but a guy named Abraham Lincoln put men that he greatly disagreed with in his cabinet. Most presidents would never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
I understand guys. I haven't read any articles yet about how/why the men/women conducting polls on the ground got it so wrong.

Krackers, the best approach as a liberal, as you or I, is not to act out. I know for many people, including the young, it's hard to accept.

THE KRAKEN, She lost, got her ass handed to her within the confines of our democratic system. It takes a team, perhaps an army, to diagnose the death of her campaign. There were so many misses it's unreal.

instead, we have all these kids fighting what's already inevitable. It is an incredible waste of resources.
Because they're upset, they're angry and they don't know what else to do. They have no other outlets.

Steve Jobs once told the CEO of Pepsi to throw temper tantrums when she's passionate about something. He adviser her to pick up objects and throw them across the room to get peoples attention.

Two important things to note here 1.) Jobs knows what he's talking about and 2.) Thats basically what Trump did, or atleast a parrallel can be imagined.

To some extent, these millenials that are wasting their time protesting a legitimate election result are throwing the stapler across the room, they're throwing their temper tantrum. But unlike Trump, they have no end-game, they're just angry and acting out, and the stapler is a brick and the room is a car window

Stealthy, its time someone teaches these kids how to get the results they desire without having to always throw a stapler, a brick or a temper tantrum, and to save that stuff for when it really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Because they're upset, they're angry and they don't know what else to do. They have no other outlets.

Steve Jobs once told the CEO of Pepsi to throw temper tantrums when she's passionate about something. He adviser her to pick up objects and throw them across the room to get peoples attention.

Two important things to note here 1.) Jobs knows what he's talking about and 2.) Thats basically what Trump did, or atleast a parrallel can be imagined.

To some extent, these millenials that are wasting their time protesting a legitimate election result are throwing the stapler across the room, they're throwing their temper tantrum. But unlike Trump, they have no end-game, they're just angry and acting out, and the stapler is a brick and the room is a car window

Stealthy, its time someone teaches these kids how to get the results they desire without having to always throw a stapler, a brick or a temper tantrum, and to save that stuff for when it really matters.
Krackers, I agree for the general populace. Millennials would categorize themselves as progressives, but they are not democratics, or really even liberals, but they'll categorize themselves as that because it fits within the confines of our electoral process. It truly is a social phenomenon.

There needs to be some level of new adaption, krackers