Login Search

21-Year-Old Argentine Soccer Player Passes Away After Fracturing Skull (Video)

Last Post

Default 21-Year-Old Argentine Soccer Player Passes Away After Fracturing Skull (Video)

Emanuel Ortega was declared dead Thursday after fracturing his skull in a game earlier this month. Ortega was shoulder to shoulder with an opponent near the sideline when he fell and banged his head on a concrete wall just a couple of yards away from the sideline.

Exactly, who the fukk puts up a wall a couple feet from the field? That's just asinine. That's like having the basketball stanchion too close when Paul George shattered his leg. Totally avoidable. I expect players to shove each other. I don't expect a wall to be near the field???

He was still moving after the fracture. That tells me that the medical staff also fukked up. He probably got swelling on the brain that they didn't address properly.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
Better question is why is UNPADDED concrete wall so close to the field.

Bad stadium construction indeed. Wall is way too close to the pitch. When you run full speed to hustle for a ball that is near the throw-in line how on earth can you slow down that quickly without hitting the wall or making any contact with the wall?? The wall should not be there really bad constructed.
Seeing this, this reminds me on how Paul George broke his leg due to bad construction but this story is of course more tragic than a broken leg.