Login Search

Is Russel Westbrook > Kevin Durant

Last Post

Default Is Russel Westbrook > Kevin Durant

I waited to make this thread because initially even the thought of it was an over reaction

But for years he's performed nearly as well as KD, he's as clutch as they come in late game situations, especially at the FT line and this latest tear he's on is something not even KD has come close to accomplishing

I know the gut shot response is going to be a resounding NO but at worst they're now equals and all things considered, I give Westbrook the slight nod.

Going back years ago, I pointed out the RW didn't start playing basketball til late in his life and even at UCLA he backed up Darren Collison so his first few years in the NBA were basically OJT, he survived off of pure athleticism, completely unrefined, hence the high TO ratio and reckless style. Now he's a complete player and destroying the competition. He's getting players involved and going.

Playing on another level right now

I'm going to derail this thread as we now have both a quorum and a unanimous vote

KD's injury is a tough one to come back from

Wonder if he'll ever bee the same player for an entire season

We've seen he can play stretches and still score 30 with this injury but will he ever be able to do it again for an extended period of time

Only time will tell

Russels time is now

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
Kraken, how are you an OKC fan and Seattle Seahawks fan?

Did you like OKC as the Supersonics? I don't get it.
Deems you know the answer to this but I'll remind you anyhow

I lived in OKC for 35 years, had season tix to Thunder since their first year in OKC (had season tix to NO Hornets as well)

I now live in Seattle. Being a Seahawks fan here is fun because everyone gets involved. Plus I'm a big fan of the city of Seattle in general. Plus Steve Largent is a retired Seahawk and HOF WR AND he was a state representative in Oklahoma!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
Kraken is a good poster.

90% of his threads are top-notch. Who cares if he misses one here or there?

He always comes back strong.

Never doubt this man.

NEVER.
Thanks Giant. I needed to read those words. Feeling down a bit after this thread.

I just don't have it in me to keep this one going.