Login Search

Belicheat being investigated by the NFL again for cheating

Last Post

Anyone see a difference between breaking a rule and cheating? Gold cleats are against rules, but i dont think wearing them is cheating...this wasnt a deflated sack of leather like people are making it seem..all the balls are different and im pretty sure if a team came to NE with balls at the same air pressure, NE would roll them anyways..dont be sheep, think for yourself..if somone wanted to sabotage the pats this would be a good way..look at the people crawling out of the wood work to hate. Unfortunatley sherman gets it, they dont want NE being all jacked up and pissed coming into this and hes doing his best to down play the story as he knows it has no barring on a game
Last edited by BeanTownClown88; 01-22-15 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
Belichick knows everything about how Tom operates. Belichick knows what's been going on. I just can't believe a QB wants low air in a football??? I don't see any advantage throwing one? I've played with low air... I've played with an over inflated ball....

The only thing it helps... is if your opponent's QB doesn't know what the hells going on? I know there was wind and rain for Luck to throw against... but if you look at the video... he overthrew receivers... and he underthrew them.

I just don't see an advantage for Brady throwing a ball like that.
Basic physics says the softer the ball, the more pliable it is, making it easier to catch.
Physics also says that the softer the ball the easier it is to grip, it was soggy that day weather wise, so if the ball is under inflated it's easier to palm.

The advantages are two fold, easier for the receiver to grab, easier for the QB to grip.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
This "story" is getting way too big

Its a non issue.

Fine the Pats $25,000 and be done with this crap. That will prevent Bellichek from adding carbon steel
to all his defensive players shoulder pads in order to get Lynch & Wilson out of the game early. I can't
believe this nonsense, everybody is acting like this is the crime of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
Basic physics says the softer the ball, the more pliable it is, making it easier to catch.
Physics also says that the softer the ball the easier it is to grip, it was soggy that day weather wise, so if the ball is under inflated it's easier to palm.

The advantages are two fold, easier for the receiver to grab, easier for the QB to grip.

A
Also much harder to fumble....Something the Pats never seem to do much of over the years (Only 4 this season lol)

Brady also known as an amazing bad weather QB over the years.....makes you wonder

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post
Fine the Pats $25,000 and be done with this crap. That will prevent Bellichek from adding carbon steel
to all his defensive players shoulder pads in order to get Lynch & Wilson out of the game early. I can't
believe this nonsense, everybody is acting like this is the crime of the century.
Fine and penalize the franchise with a mid round draft pick.
Agreed.

Also, Madden said, and he might be right, Belichick may have been out of the loop, the QB may have been the one to dictate the alteration.

This is my take and my take alone as to what may have happened, as I have not heard this theory yet.
Brady may have said to the equiptment manager "listen, it's wet out here, do me a favor, take all the game balls down to 12.5 psi (the minimum psi that is legal) so I can get a better grip", the equiptment being Tom and Bill's butt boy said "sure thing Mr. Brady"

There is a good chance the equiptment manager may have ****** up inadvertantly and brought it down under 12.5
There is a chance that Belichick could have been out of the loop on that, Belichick would not order that behind Brady's back, Bill doesn't throw or catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
Brady definitely lying. He says he didn't deflate the balls. He doesn't say that he didn't instruct someone else to for him. His language is intentionally ambiguous. Very obvious he's not telling the truth.

Good read d2bets. Good read.