Login Search

Why does everyone think Florida State loses tonight?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
How bout the simple gut test and the fact FSU has not looked right all year. While they beat ND at home, they got outplayed. And they do need to go undefeated. They lose and they're done.
I think theyve looked ok, I dont know who is overrating them Im not. This isnt the same team as last year, they lost quite a bit, I dont think they are great or even really very good, weak schedule is why theyve gotten by this far, without Jameis theyed be average to mediocre. Why do they need to go undefeated? To be in playoff? Well sure they do, but this thread is about this game and its not like they cant win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

They held Clemson without an offensive touchdown and to only 229 (count 'em) total yards in Death Valley. Florida State allowed 407 yards to Clemson while needing overtime to win at home.
The Clemson game is misleading because Watson was hurt. Clemson was a double digit fave and probably covers if he doesn't get knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
I think theyve looked ok, I dont know who is overrating them Im not. This isnt the same team as last year, they lost quite a bit, I dont think they are great or even really very good, weak schedule is why theyve gotten by this far, without Jameis theyed be average to mediocre. Why do they need to go undefeated? To be in playoff? Well sure they do, but this thread is about this game and its not like they cant win this game.
But read the thread title, it is asking WHY guys think they will lose. Nobody is guaranteeing anything, it is not like people are saying FSU can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
The Clemson game is misleading because Watson was hurt. Clemson was a double digit fave and probably covers if he doesn't get knocked out.
I doubt Clemson would have covered anyway considering Louisville was one yard away from winning the game at the end. But that is a matter of opinion. What is not an opinion but a fact is Louisville's efficiency ratings on defense, they are for real and I wouldn't expect Noles to score that much tonight. IF FSU wins, it will have to be with defense. Not impossible but I wouldn't bet on it. Louisville ATS here is the most confident I have been about a play all year, for reasons ranging from everything I have already said to this line itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
10933 posts. 306 Betpoints and you are NOT a Pro. Do tell us more about your theories. Another person who probably does NOT wager with real money at all.
23 years wagering real money, real experience, to be exact. if you care what my bet points are at are at then you need a hobby. check all my posts, i win more than i lose that is a documented fact. i know as much as anyone when i comes to sports, playing sports, and generating profits wagering sports. make fun all you want, i make money every year...period.

Murray State

That's the rankings of the offenses the #1 ranked Louisville defense has played. Those offenses haven't exactly faced a murderers row of defenses either. They aren't a #1 defense, but they are still good because they're still living off of Charlie Strong's coaching and players...but big Todd's defenses crumble once they face teams that can actually pass the ball.

Murray State

That's the rankings of the offenses the #1 ranked Louisville defense has played. Those offenses haven't exactly faced a murderers row of defenses either. They aren't a #1 defense, but they are still good because they're still living off of Charlie Strong's coaching and players...but big Todd's defenses crumble once they face teams that can actually pass the ball.
You are conveniently ignoring that the Louisville defense FAR out-performed the Florida State vs. the common opponents they have faced so far (Clemson, NC State, Syracuse off top of my head, that may be it) so SOS becomes a moot point now anyway. Besides DFEI is schedule adjusted.

I doubt Clemson would have covered anyway considering Louisville was one yard away from winning the game at the end.
Whole reason they came 1 yard away is because the Clemson Qb got knocked out in the 2nd quarter. Clemson would have won by double digits. You ought to know once a starting Qb gets knocked out, it usually changes the entire complexion of an offense. Guess it's opinion though...moot now

Whole reason they came 1 yard away is because the Clemson Qb got knocked out in the 2nd quarter. Clemson would have won by double digits. You ought to know once a starting Qb gets knocked out, it usually changes the entire complexion of an offense. Guess it's opinion though...moot now
And at what point was Watson knocked out? Because Clemson did not score a touchdown the ENTIRE game.

The thing is FSU knows they have to win this game in order to be in playoff, win this and its easier from here on ut, but you HAVE to win this one, theyve come through in alot of close games over the last two years, nobody has shown as much poise when down as Jameis.
Last edited by jtoler; 10-30-14 at 01:32 PM.

You are conveniently ignoring that the Louisville defense FAR out-performed the Florida State vs. the common opponents they have faced so far (Clemson, NC State, Syracuse off top of my head, that may be it) so SOS becomes a moot point now anyway. Besides DFEI is schedule adjusted.
And none of those teams can pass. I watched big Todd for 4 long years in the SEC. His defenses have no answer for teams that can pass the ball. Enter team that can pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
The thing is FSU knows they have to win this game in order to be in playoff, win this and its easier from here on out, but you HAVE to win this one, yheyve come through in alot of close games over the last two years, nobody has shown as much poise when down as Jameis.
But they have not faced a defense this good since the beginning of last year either.