Login Search

two team parlay CFB

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by laxdjock View Post
Just gotta get up, dust off, and try again.
Yeah, this was about 40% of my roll though. Twice Ive done this now. Started with 2K... got up to 7K and blew 2500 on an emmy's parlay (betting favorites, go figure). Now I get this bright idea to put 3k on Wisconsin/UCLA, LOSS. Still got over 4K, but it feels like nothing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
Yeah, this was about 40% of my roll though.

The money management side of things is the last thing I really got a handle on...and it took quite a few seasons of different sports. I still get pulled towards wanting to make big bets, but it's far better than when I started 12+ yrs ago. I ran simulations after each season to understand my betting approach and figure out better betting strategies. It took me some expensive seasons to get through my head that I needed to limit my big bets to <10% (really it should be 5% or less) my bankroll because I don't want to chase winning to make up for losing. This is coming from a guy who learned the hard way. I once took $168 and turned it into almost $9k and then pissed it all away in <2hr of playing online BJ. I hovered at $5k-$7k for a good portion of it and if I had any clue about bankroll management....things could have been a less expensive lesson for me. Oh..and being half in the bag didn't help either.

yeah Im the king of running up 3 figure deposits into 5 figure rolls and blowing it being a degen. I dont always blow it, but about half the time I do. Im still in year one of sportsbetting seriously... I know everything there is to know about money management (played poker professionally for 2 years, and semi professionally for the last 12), its sticking to it thats tough