Login Search

SBR Sharps Fund: Should we run another?

Last Post

Need to have more picks per week to encourage more stock price fluctuations. Would love to see rule where bets need to be locked in 12 hours before game time. Would allow a lot more people to fade/follow however they saw fit. Either way definitely run another one.

yes

and for a twist if it isn't too hard to track, let the buyers personalize their portfolio and pick how much of a % 0-25-50-75-100

they want from each manager

for instance using the last one, maybe I buy a fund that is broken down between 50% yisman and 50% Themonyshot and 0% for the other 2.

or maybe I want 25% across the board for 4

or put all my eggs in my Yisman Basket ect

More picks per week.

A single thread showing every pick and it's result so that people can follow along whats happening and maybe talk about it more.

And do it like a punters club... a panel of 6 or 8 cappers. Two bet at a time. Winning bet = bet again. Loser = pass baton to the next guy in line.

I'd also make a simple stock ticker to promote it across the site, showing last sale price and movement.

It will be interesting to see what SBR elects to do in this situation. There are many numerous scenarios to consider.

The main question of this thread is... should SBR do another one? There are numerous variables to this equation.

1. My personal belief is... what if you don't find a group of quality managers like Yisman, trytrytry, and RM18. I'm theoretically speaking. Is the point of the fund to gain consistently... to benefit all SBR posters to MAKE MORE BETPOINTS? Or... will the next set of managers lose points?

2. Is the point to the Fund to constantly fluctuate? Meaning... more trading per day? Like a true stock market? Or... solid steady growth?

3. Not trying to step on SBR's toes... but the managers deserve a hell of a lot more compensation if you want "true gains" and "true growth". Whoever was in charge of setting this original fund up... had no clue of the time and effort to calculate the best possible 2 correct plays a week. No SBR poster wants to lose their investment. You don't want them to lose... then pay the managers well with betpoints.

So, as you clearly see... there are a variety of different ways the next fund could be set up. You can lose your ass. You can have the market fluctuate crazy each week. Or... you can have the fund produce like this past fund did. Personally, I'm not trying to sound cocky... but I'd like to see the next group of managers out perform Yisman, trytrytry, and RM18... I really don't think the next set of managers will. I'd wager on it. Everyone had a unique wagering pattern... and everyone balanced each other out. All great chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
It will be interesting to see what SBR elects to do in this situation. There are many numerous scenarios to consider.

The main question of this thread is... should SBR do another one? There are numerous variables to this equation...

the managers deserve a hell of a lot more compensation if you want "true gains" and "true growth". Whoever was in charge of setting this original fund up... had no clue of the time and effort to calculate the best possible 2 correct plays a week....... .
Very true.
Maybe something more along the lines of real life hedge funds: a base pay plus % of gains. 1500 points plus 10% gain? or something of that sort