Login Search

K. Leonard to win MVP (+5000)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
Duncan won MVP, that was the vote. The tape was being set up and they were wheeling the trophy. It was well known that all the sports writers were given the email/text message to vote. Duncan would of took MVP. I read this somewhere, I think it was even ESPN.
Yeah, Timmy was about to take it of they won game 6. He was dominating that game so that was the biggest reason why he was being voted it. Much like in 05 when Manu had a huge series, but Timmy had a big 4th qtr in game 7 amd took home MVP. The voters always have the most recent game in mind when voting.

It's a decent bet but I have a hard time believing that Duncan or Parker wouldn't win the award if/when Los Spurritos prevail. MVP voting is one of the squarest things left in sports - absolutely no analytics go into the decision.

If you think the Spurs are going to win the series (which you obviously do - betting on Leonard to win MVP) I'd just roll with them at -120 and increase your bet size.

Gambling-wise, I don't think it gets much better than an 80% return on a bet that probably hits 7 times out of 10. I feel really good about Spurs taking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eejit View Post
Always the star player, Leonard would have to average 25+ pts 10+ reb and have an amazing series clinching game for them to give it to him over Duncan/Parker

LBJ
LBJ
Dirk
Kobe
Kobe
Pierce
Parker
Wade
Duncan
+1. And there'd be even more incentive to reward Duncan or Parker given last season, their tenure, etc. Almost like a "lifetime achievement" award for either one of them. Leonard would have to be so head and shoulders above both of them that it's almost more likely LeBron would win it in a losing effort than Leonard take it as a winner (it last happened in 1969).

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
Yeah Leonard can completely go off some games

I wouldn't be surprised if he got it if he scored 30-40 points a couple games including the final game which he is capable of doing
This person doesnt exist, this must be your lower half talking Centaur.