Login Search

Thoughts on Clippers/Thunder game 2....

Last Post

This game is an exact reverse to our game 2 at home versus GS. It's a complete freeroll for us and life or death for them. Also if we factor in the beat down we gave them an early lead could really take some air out of their normally fanatical crowd. I think we lose (clip fan ) but we are playing with house money and if we get close to what we got last game or replicate GS 2nd half game 7 we could really drove a stake in these guys.

Your also a Clip fan I see

I am likely on the Clips and the points. There were a lot of things that I saw in Game 1 that didn't scream out 'one-time thing'. I was on the Clips in Game 1 for those reasons and they bore out. Now, don't get me wrong, OKC has a good team or maybe even a great team, but with Jordan doing what he does I think the Clips surprise here and at the VERY least make it a close game.

The old 'they cant do it twice' argument is not enough to take me off the better team.

What did you see that was unique? I see every clip game and the Clips just shot too good from the field, it was a simple formula.
Paul hit his first 8 three pointers, had 32 points on 14 shots without a single free throw. Playing only 28 minutes. They shot 55% from the field and 15-29 from 3 pt range. That includes a 4th quarter when they only scored 18 points as no starters played a single minute. Just entering the 4th quarter and were up 104-78. Going into 4th the stats were mind blowing and they just coasted.

They won't come close to repeating that effort but they don't need to. 2/3 that effort wins them the game and puts a stranglehold on the series.

Hard to predict OKC these days. They're obviously struggling, and are not the team they used to be. I'd be very surprised to see them come out flat again, as this is a do-or-die game. Books expect OKC to bounce back as they are dangling the same gm1 line.

I'd lean OKC in gm2, but Clipps are winning this series. Unlike the Thunder who play a handful of washed up NBA vets, the Clipps are solid from starters to the last guy in the rotation.

The thunder defense is very weak. That's what I got from game 1. Hell grizzles were not a good offensive team and the thunder let them Han around most of that series really until the last game. I'm sure Paul won't repeat that performance but the clippers have multiple threats unlike the thunder who really only have very lethal players.