Login Search

They do some strange things for soccer injuries

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post

I can't believe some of the I've been reading from posters that I actually like & respect. Naz, I love ya buddy but, your post made no sense. You said in a fight, all things considered equal (size, build, height, weight) neither sport offers an advantage.
How about the sport that requires you, by the rules, to fight for a living?
Yes, there are soccer players who may know Karate, and there are hockey players who know how to golf. Who Cares?
Pavy, one of my all time favourite posters, seems to be relying on these irrelevant points & he takes them to the extreme. Talking about the toughest of the tough in soccer & the worst of injuries.
I was laughing out loud as I read some of these posts as, I thought to myself, "What would happen if after you had been knocked out cold by ZDENO CHARA after a hockey fight & .....someone came out onto the ice & put a blanket on you?
I'm laughing out loud right now as I type this.
Baus' line of -1200 was actually quite accurate. for every soccer player that could beat down a Professional hockey player there are 12 hockey players that would punch out a soccer players teeth, tooth by tooth.
And keep in mind, there are a lot more professional soccer players than there are professional hockey players.

The most dangerous people at a soccer game are the fans. Always have been, always will be!
Who cares who the hell would win in a fight.
Lots of hockey players play soccer.
Dont think the thread was about fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post

I can't believe some of the I've been reading from posters that I actually like & respect. Naz, I love ya buddy but, your post made no sense. You said in a fight, all things considered equal (size, build, height, weight) neither sport offers an advantage.
How about the sport that requires you, by the rules, to fight for a living?
Yes, there are soccer players who may know Karate, and there are hockey players who know how to golf. Who Cares?
Pavy, one of my all time favourite posters, seems to be relying on these irrelevant points & he takes them to the extreme. Talking about the toughest of the tough in soccer & the worst of injuries.
I was laughing out loud as I read some of these posts as, I thought to myself, "What would happen if after you had been knocked out cold by ZDENO CHARA after a hockey fight & .....someone came out onto the ice & put a blanket on you?
I'm laughing out loud right now as I type this.
Baus' line of -1200 was actually quite accurate. for every soccer player that could beat down a Professional hockey player there are 12 hockey players that would punch out a soccer players teeth, tooth by tooth.
And keep in mind, there are a lot more professional soccer players than there are professional hockey players.

The most dangerous people at a soccer game are the fans. Always have been, always will be!
Have you ever seen a hockey player fighting out in the street? What makes you think they are good street fighters? I have seen many soccer players in street fights and they fight ferociously using all extremes. They can break your leg with just one kick to the shin.

Don't know from which countries are you coming, but comparing football (soccer) players with some tough guys is just...funny. I love football, and def sport number 1 for me, but in my country we consider football pro's almost as a girls..even in high-scholl they were the shortest skiny guys (maybe that's because i live in country which is in world top 3 tallest nation)

Never mess with handball or waterpolo player, but for football player one slap will do the thing.
Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
Soccer is a good sport but on the pro level Americans just cannot relate to it
It's because we in Europe take football very serious. My favorite football club is part of my identity. That's the only thing that you can't change in your life. And in US you don't have clubs, you have only franchising..and that's completely other level of relation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kros View Post
Don't know from which countries are you coming, but comparing football (soccer) players with some tough guys is just...funny. I love football, and def sport number 1 for me, but in my country we consider football pro's almost as a girls..even in high-scholl they were the shortest skiny guys (maybe that's because i live in country which is in world top 3 tallest nation)

Never mess with handball or waterpolo player, but for football player one slap will do the thing.

It's because we in Europe take football very serious. My favorite football club is part of my identity. That's the only thing that you can't change in your life. And in US you don't have clubs, you have only franchising..and that's completely other level of relation.
Ajax? PSV Eindhoven? Feyenoord?