Login Search

They do some strange things for soccer injuries

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
Soccer is the toughest sport to play. All of you will die if you have to run for 10 miles in 90 minutes and try to pass the ball, take a shot or play defense.
Christos Anesti, Pavy!.......yeah, I'm a huge soccer fan as well but as has been said many times, we can do without the drama, acting, and diving!...

Quote Originally Posted by SarahPalin View Post
im not sure how you wanna measure toughness but im sure soccer takes it. even if you wanna go straight up fighting im sure the top 20 soccer players vs top 20 hockey id bet on soccer
You put some Brazilian soccer players fighting some Canadian hockey players and they will jujitsu the shit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
Christos Anesti, Pavy!.......yeah, I'm a huge soccer fan as well but as has been said many times, we can do without the drama, acting, and diving!...
Christis Anesti my friend!

They are giving yellow cards now for diving so you see less of it. All sports have acting and drama. Hockey players exaggerate the hits taken and trip on themselves all the time to try get a penalty called. Same as basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
Anyone who wants to argue that hockey isn't tougher than soccer... we can go on and on.

Hockey is one brutal sport.

Soccer you have to be in amazing shape... but I don't see a soccer players head smashed up into the glass from a heavy check into the boards. I think Rugby is the most brutal sport around.
hockey players helmets shoulder pads shin pads more pads everywhere pads soccer>hockey. hockey time out commercial commerical commercial stop in play drop puck drop puck time out time out commercial

Anyone who wants to argue that hockey isn't tougher than soccer... we can go on and on.

Soccer you have to be in amazing shape... but I don't see a soccer players head smashed up into the glass from a heavy check into the boards. I think Rugby is the most brutal sport around.
You obviously never been head-butted on a header or took a shin to shin kick on a tackle. Soccer is brutal if you play it.

Guys this has turned into a thread bashing soccer which was not my intention, I really like soccer

I just think its strange how the money is so huge in soccer now but the onfield treatment of injuries seems like something a witch doctor would do. i mean throw a blanket on him? is that like those thundershirts they have for skiddish dogs?

Also, i would love to see some soccer player/hockey player octagon matchups. hockey players tougher and better chins but soccer players have cardio and could land some devastating kicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
Guys this has turned into a thread bashing soccer which was not my intention, I really like soccer

I just think its strange how the money is so huge in soccer now but the onfield treatment of injuries seems like something a witch doctor would do. i mean throw a blanket on him? is that like those thundershirts they have for skiddish dogs?

Also, i would love to see some soccer player/hockey player octagon matchups. hockey players tougher and better chins but soccer players have cardio and could land some devastating kicks
Whatever happens on the field is usually just a quick fix, players need to leave the field for treatment.

As for the Octagon matches, depends on the positions really, Central Defenders/defensive midfielders are usually pretty tough.

Love both, soccer and hockey, my two favorite sports.
No question that normally hockey is the more "brutal" sport.
But: at least you have a helmet and some big fukkin pads etc.
When a soccer tackle or foul goes wrong it hits your body directly.

You see some mean injuries in both sports all the time though, no point arguing about that.
Both are beautiful sports in every aspect of the game.
I never get all this "blabla is better than blabla" shit when it comes to sports. You don't like it -> don't watch it. I never watch golf (like to play it though), watch baseball two or three times a year, watch football from time to time. Would I bash the sport though? Hell no, I'm sure lots of guys love it. To each his own, no problem. I watch soccer (football) and hockey all the time, but I'm sure it's boring to some. Who cares.