Login Search

Vegas

Last Post

Default Trip to Vegas

So I'm thinking about taking a trip to Vegas in September it will be my first time out there and I was wondering is it really worth spending the money that it's going to cost! So far round trip and hotel is going to be $1800 from a Thursday till Monday 2 people! That's not including bets and food! Just wanting to see what the general public is thinking about a trip to Vegas
Last edited by Allen24; 04-16-14 at 11:53 PM.

Stay at the Palazzo, all the rooms are suites and it's newer than Venetian

Eat at Grand Lux cafe, great restaurant

If you can play poker, stick to poker

Go to the Spearmint Rhino with a few hundred in 20s

Hooker watch at Caesar's Palace around Cleopatras bar late at night

Not much beats the grove on gameday though

Quote Originally Posted by Allen24 View Post
So I'm thinking about taking a trip to Vegas in September it will be my first time out there and I was wondering is it really worth spending the money that it's going to cost! So far round trip and hotel is going to be $1800 from a Thursday till Monday 2 people! That's not including bets and food! Just wanting to see what the general public is thinking about a trip to Vegas
Vegas is awesome. I love Vegas.

My recommedation is if you want to do it cheap stay at hooters for like $28 bucks a night. They have the best Hooters food ive ever had and a nice pool and $3 roulette and black jack.

But if you want a more fancy hotel i recommend the Wynn, Mandalay Bay, Mirage or the Palms

In Vegas its impossible to get bored and you really do get a lot of bang for buck.

Only place in the mainland i'd probably rather travel is colorado or washington for the legalized bud among the good food and snow boarding, mountain biking , MLB , NFL games etc...

So many squares in this thread as far as Vegas

You never stay on the strip you stay in lower and motels in North Las Vegas and keep your costs very low

You never eat on the strip

Plenty of nice places off the strip

I stayed at plenty of motels where pimps and hookers were it was only like $21 a night

It's not dangerous and the rooms are small but nice and you get cable TV

Don't be a square and pay a lot of money for a room and food in Vegas

The more you save the more you can gamble

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

You never stay on the strip you stay in lower and motels in North Las Vegas and keep your costs very low

I stayed at plenty of motels where pimps and hookers were it was only like $21 a night

For someone experiencing Vegas for the first time...this is not the way...

Might as well go to Detroit..

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
Stay at the Palazzo, all the rooms are suites and it's newer than Venetian

Eat at Grand Lux cafe, great restaurant

If you can play poker, stick to poker

Go to the Spearmint Rhino with a few hundred in 20s

Hooker watch at Caesar's Palace around Cleopatras bar late at night

Not much beats the grove on gameday though
JJ, can you confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Vegas is awesome. I love Vegas.

My recommedation is if you want to do it cheap stay at hooters for like $28 bucks a night. They have the best Hooters food ive ever had and a nice pool and $3 roulette and black jack.

But if you want a more fancy hotel i recommend the Wynn, Mandalay Bay, Mirage or the Palms

In Vegas its impossible to get bored and you really do get a lot of bang for buck.

Only place in the mainland i'd probably rather travel is colorado or washington for the legalized bud among the good food and snow boarding, mountain biking , MLB , NFL games etc...
Can't stay at hooters for less than $40 aymore.
At least not on the weekends. They still have the $3 BJ though.
Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

This is actually spot on. Spending $50 a day on a room that you should be spending 5-6 hours a day in, is counter-productive.
You should be going to Vegas to make $ not throw it away.