Login Search

NBA First round playoff Upsets/Sweeps. Post em here.

Last Post

Hard to say.

The only team that's really a long shot upset I would give an outside shot to winning the series is Memphis. Wouldn't bet it though. I'd be shocked if the Mavs, Warriors, or Hawks pulled it off. And the Bobcats have ZERO chance.

Of the shorter dogs, Portland should have a chance but I think they could end up falling short because of no HCA.

People talking about the Nets being an upset need to look at the series price.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin3587 View Post
In the West, I have the Grizz beating the Thunder.

In the East, I have the Nets beating the Raptors.

Sweeps?

Rockets sweep the Blazers
Pacers sweep the Hawks. I think the Pacers would sweep the Hawks even if they played all 7 games.
Upsets - Portland over Houston...great size, PG and swingman - plus fading the clown howard on the big stage
Washington over Chicago....star guard (see stef curry 2013) beats the well coached team. I didnt realize Wash plays pretty good defense (99ppg)
BK over Nets isnt an "upset"....favored in the series

No sweeps...
grizz beat OKC w/o westbrook last year....going 6/7, but OKC wins.

Anyone whose said Rockets are sweeping are crazy.. one of the furthest from happening

For round 1 I got Raps over Nets.. love how Lowry and Derozan play, some may be overvaluing the veteran thing.. the spread at +150 sealed it, I see it as pretty even with very slight edge to Tor mainly cause of HC

and Wiz over Bulls at +175.. I think it's even again, DJ going to have to score his ass off, straight up I would say Bulls but the line for Wiz too nice

Very confident at least one of those will hit. Also it wouldn't surprise me too much if the Grizz can upset OKC but don't feel strongly enough about it to bet.. see it going 6 games
Last edited by Ephmoney; 04-19-14 at 03:17 AM.