Login Search

Did Brooklyn Intentionally Drop to 6th Seed to Play Raptors in the Playoffs?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
They would rather play toronto over chicago, and miami over indi.

Doesn't mean they will win.

I gotta agree with this. They probably believe they take out Toronto in 4 or 5 games...THEN REST and hope all the other series run long...If there goal was to get to the Finals, they gonna have tough matchup in 2nd round no matter what, so they wanted the easiest out in the 1st.

They didn't want another series against the bulls running 7 games and leaving themselves beaten and battered if they were to win that series, then have to go against the heat or indy, where they'd likely just be running on fumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
I gotta agree with this. They probably believe they take out Toronto in 4 or 5 games...THEN REST and hope all the other series run long...If there goal was to get to the Finals, they gonna have tough matchup in 2nd round no matter what, so they wanted the easiest out in the 1st.

They didn't want another series against the bulls running 7 games and leaving themselves beaten and battered if they were to win that series, then have to go against the heat or indy, where they'd likely just be running on fumes.
Brooklyn made a mistake by underestimating the raptors youth altheticism and overall effort level. this team plays hard scraps hard and is loaded with talent . they have shooters slashers and a big man who can shoot and has post moves like shaq. valanciunas is going to give Brooklyn a serious reality check

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
Brooklyn made a mistake by underestimating the raptors youth altheticism and overall effort level. this team plays hard scraps hard and is loaded with talent . they have shooters slashers and a big man who can shoot and has post moves like shaq. valanciunas is going to give Brooklyn a serious reality check
2nd poster Ive come across in my internet life talk about Shaq's post moves, he had virtually none to speak positive of other than bullying and backing down his opponent, elbow to the kidney then drop step, but Toronto wont beat the Nets, you could have stopped at youth.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
I would not want to play Toronto there a fierce team

A lot of these playoff series are anybody's ballgame

It should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
I do not think any series will be easy this year
Teams are pretty even

No one will be surprised if they beat them
Lol

Miami vs Charlotte
San Antonio vs Dallas

The end

I dont understand what people are thinking when they make this argument. They realized they will not get home court and started resting players. Would they play Raps over Bulls, maybe so, but considering how the seeding wasn't decided till the last day of the season and the Nets had no control over who they will play whether they win or purpose or lose on purpose it really makes no sense. Even the match-up with Indy vs Mia was not decided till a game before and the Nets started resting and losing way before this.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
Ummm do people realize that in those games against the nets in the REGULAR season the heat didn't have Dwayne wade????? People really underestimating Dwayne wade I feel like. The guy is a game changer and can still ball hard

They had him for 2 of the 4, didnt seem to help.