Login Search

Baseball Blows

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
i never said baseball was the greatest sport to watch on TV .. i am simply asking you what makes other sports more entertaining than baseball?

i gave you a list of sports and shit that goes on and you think those are more entertaining? if so, then so be it ...

but the fact that you say baseball is boring because there is no scoring within 4 games is just absolutely dumb

there have been times where they had soccer games on all day and all the scores were 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 after 90 minutes ... yeah thats really entertaining to most people but the others dont sit on an online forum and cry about it. instead of crying about it they just dont watch the sport.

stop being a fukkin moron already
They don't show soccer games on US television 7 days a week for any league, nor is it on sportscenter for 75% of the show during the summer. And I understand that, soccer just isn't as popular in the US.

I'm simply asking a baseball fan, such as yourself (although you do seem to lack any ability to argue intelligently, so maybe someone else should give it a shot), to explain to me why baseball is popular enough to sustain itself and give these TV stations reason to broadcast it.

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
They don't show soccer games on US television 7 days a week for any league, nor is it on sportscenter for 75% of the show during the summer. And I understand that, soccer just isn't as popular in the US.

I'm simply asking a baseball fan, such as yourself (although you do seem to lack any ability to argue intelligently, so maybe someone else should give it a shot), to explain to me why baseball is popular enough to sustain itself and give these TV stations reason to broadcast it.
God i hope thats not really your question.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

shaggydog88 gave THam12 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

absolutely fukkin pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
God i hope thats not really your question.
Why? They don't broadcast MLS, on any major network for the most part, and I would put that mostly garbage product on par with baseball. Yet I see baseball on major networks almost every night. Just because it's "america's pasttime"? Is that why baseball is so popular even today? cause as far as entertainment value I see nothing until playoffs.

Why? They don't broadcast MLS, on any major network for the most part, and I would put that mostly garbage product on par with baseball. Yet I see baseball on major networks almost every night. Just because it's "america's pasttime"? Is that why baseball is so popular even today? cause as far as entertainment value I see nothing until playoffs.
you are a moron

Can somebody explain to me how they find this crap mildly entertaining? Of the four day games so far three teams were shutout, another mustered ONE huge run. Can't believe I wasted an afternoon watching this trash.
its 3x as entertaining as soccer sorry but it is though its a slow game that's much much better live. people say that about most sporting events but baseball is really a lot better. Lucky for me I get to watch the Dodgers back to being the Dodgers ....the McCourt era was tough.

Baseball will always be broadcast more than soccer in this country.
Its a simple answer- revenue.
Baseball = money
Soccer does not.

They broadcast it because people still watch it ... Fact is its old fan base is dying its not popular in inner cities and with youth as a whole but its not a bad television product check out the Tv deal the Dodgers landed you think that spending spree was out of the kindness of their heart.

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
Baseball will always be broadcast more than soccer in this country.
Its a simple answer- revenue.
Baseball = money
Soccer does not.
Yeah I understand that. I was trying to get a reason(s) why baseball remains, for the most part, popular. And what people find so entertaining about it. The "live" reasoning is somewhat understandable, I'll go to a game every now and then and it's a decent experience. But I don't see how it is anything more than background TV for most people. It certainly is for me. I find very few baseball games entertaining enough for it to be something I can intently watch.

cool man, enjoy fatass prince fielder "running" the bases or watching CC Sabathia scratch his crotch for the hundredth time between pitches.
cool dude enjoy watching fatass wayne rooney jog up and down the field giving the thumbs up after missing yet another goal lets be honest soccer is a horrible sport with the rules the way they are refs that can add or take away as much time as they see fit, guys flopping all over the place at the slightest contact dudes faking injurys to blow time. I could go on for a while .

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
cool dude enjoy watching fatass wayne rooney jog up and down the field giving the thumbs up after missing yet another goal lets be honest soccer is a horrible sport with the rules the way they are refs that can add or take away as much time as they see fit, guys flopping all over the place at the slightest contact dudes faking injurys to blow time. I could go on for a while .
Rooney = 175lbs
Prince = 275lbs

And yes, diving in soccer blows, can't argue with you on that one. But missing yet another goal? Do you realize how often baseball players "fail" with RISP. But I never started this thread for a soccer Vs Baseball argument.