Login Search

Baseball Blows

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
But if you understand the game and have played at a high level then you appreciate the beautiful game.

This can be applied to any sport. Well said.

The greater you understand something, the more you enjoy the subtle nuisances that the untrained eye cannot see at surface level.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

This can be applied to any sport. Well said.

The greater you understand something, the more you enjoy the subtle nuisances that the untrained eye cannot see at surface level.
Absolutely.

Small things in sports are better appreciated by the trained eyes.

Im sure there are many baseball fans who enjoy every pitch due to their appreciation for the game.

Just as I appreciate a great run in a soccer game. Or a well played ball through the defense.

Its the little things. And thats why we establish ourselves as fans of these games and support these highly paid athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
True, nobody is forcing me to watch it. Although after NHL playoffs and NBA playoffs (which can be surprisingly not half bad), there is nothing left but this marathon of boredom that is the MLB regular season. I guess enough people like it because they certainly haven't done anything major to change it or make it more interesting. But I come in here and ask why it's so entertaining and I get either a. people bashing every other sport (yes soccer 0-0 draws are also boring as hell) or b. someone telling me not to watch it.
Thats because they all know it is boring most of the time.

Nothing like taking a nice Sunday afternoon nap with baseball playing in the background.

So your argument FOR baseball is telling me how a couple other sports/leagues are terrible. and I'm the idiot?
umm yeah

you asked how baseball is entertaining... im asking you how those other sports are entertaining at all

how is golf entertaining?

how is tennis entertaining after 1 hour?

and yeah...you are an idiot

Can somebody explain to me how they find this crap mildly entertaining? Of the four day games so far three teams were shutout, another mustered ONE huge run. Can't believe I wasted an afternoon watching this trash.
You do realize there are 2,430 games played every season, and you are basing it on four games.

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
this guy is clueless

he probably lost money on all those games and now needs something to complain about
You're a moron. Your argument is baseball is great cause the NFL/NBA/soccer aren't as good. If you're going to be such a fukin blowhard about your love for baseball, at least learn to argue better than a fourth grader.

You're a moron. Your argument is baseball is great cause the NFL/NBA/soccer aren't as good. If you're going to be such a fukin blowhard about your love for baseball, at least learn to argue better than a fourth grader.
i never said baseball was the greatest sport to watch on TV .. i am simply asking you what makes other sports more entertaining than baseball?

i gave you a list of sports and shit that goes on and you think those are more entertaining? if so, then so be it ...

but the fact that you say baseball is boring because there is no scoring within 4 games is just absolutely dumb

there have been times where they had soccer games on all day and all the scores were 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 after 90 minutes ... yeah thats really entertaining to most people but the others dont sit on an online forum and cry about it. instead of crying about it they just dont watch the sport.

stop being a fukkin moron already

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
baseball is losing steam. it does suck more now. only interested people watching this shit are gamblers and die-hard baseball fanatics.
100% correct

games too long
young generation losing interest and going to soccer more
too expensive to go to games