Login Search

SBR World Poker Cup 2014: Represent your country!

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
The previous structure (and to a lesser extent the upcoming one) reward mediocrity, by letting underperforming world players go into a brief, high-variance format on equal footing with dominant US players. Not a single person on the world or European teams last year could have made it onto team USA, or most likely even in the confederates of this year.
BTW you do realize that us europeans mostly compete against eachother in the 3PM tourney? you will probably find some europeans in the 10AM tourney, some in the 7PM tourney and probably none in the 11PM tourney? Take a guess in how many tourneys you will find US people ...

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
BTW you do realize that us europeans mostly compete against eachother in the 3PM tourney? you will probably find some europeans in the 10AM tourney, some in the 7PM tourney and probably none in the 11PM tourney? Take a guess in how many tourneys you will find US people ...

yesterday all of Top 4 at 3PM were from team europe!
Last edited by zwoeins; 05-23-14 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
Seems unavoidable with most players being US, right? I'd support adding a 3 AM or 5 PM tourney more in line with world schedules, but I suspect you'd see similar proportions of US even then. As for competing against each other, vast majority of US competes against other US players too, so not sure that's any different.

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
an idea for the future:
SBR poker team championship

SBR will select team leaders per say, Gummo, Jake , Autodonk, The money shot, Bitemyusdj, Smitch124, Triple D , etc and then according to the handicap given by the SBR player rating make up the teams.
Again, just a thought.
Best regards to all
Great idea...but I thought people were complaining these player ratings weren't accurate? Apparently SBR corrected problem & all player ratings are accurate now. If so, Tripe D's rating should b 1,400. Please confirm your rating Tripe. My rating below seems quite accurate.

Name:  SBR Player Rating.PNG
Views: 204
Size:  41.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
Great idea...but I thought people were complaining these player ratings weren't accurate? Apparently SBR corrected problem & all player ratings are accurate now. If so, Tripe D's rating should b 1,400. Please confirm your rating Tripe. My rating below seems quite accurate.

Name:  SBR Player Rating.PNG
Views: 204
Size:  41.1 KB
There's several good reasons why these systems aren't widely used to rate poker players...but let's not kid ourselves bobbo, you're extremly ill-equipped to understand any of the math or basic poker theory behind it. Recognizing which of 2 numbers is higher (regardless of context) seems to be the extent of your math skills

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
How do you modify your ratings to 2300?
Apparently, play Omaha H/L exclusively so even though you get raked for 10-20% of your chips, you're a "winner"

It seems the rating system is a consolation prize for those who can't put up the big numbers for winning actual points...why am I not surprised to find Bobbo at the top of another meaningless rating system with $0 and 0 points reward? Unreal...guy's proud that he's sitting in the front seat of the short bus

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
There's several good reasons why these systems aren't widely used to rate poker players...but let's not kid ourselves bobbo, you're extremly ill-equipped to understand any of the math or basic poker theory behind it. Recognizing which of 2 numbers is higher (regardless of context) seems to be the extent of your math skills

Apparently, play Omaha H/L exclusively so even though you get raked for 10-20% of your chips, you're a "winner"

It seems the rating system is a consolation prize for those who can't put up the big numbers for winning actual points...why am I not surprised to find Bobbo at the top of another meaningless rating system with $0 and 0 points reward? Unreal...guy's proud that he's sitting in the front seat of the short bus
A simple screen shot with your 1400 rating would have sufficed Tripe, no need to defend your poor rating.