Login Search

SBR World Poker Cup 2014: Represent your country!

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
Definitely better this way for the bulk of participants (US players), and at least provides a more balanced contest. The final tournament setup between the teams is too high-variance to be indicative of much (as previous years have proven), and the prizes are a bit underwhelming for a 3 month contest...but that's more than offset by the dailies I think. World Cup has always been more about filling the poker schedule during the summer, and at least this time around SBR listened to feedback and made some great changes...good stuff
I miss when the dailies broke last September and they gave us freerolls. Unlimited entries per day, slightly smaller prizes. Those were good times.

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
I miss when the dailies broke last September and they gave us freerolls. Unlimited entries per day, slightly smaller prizes. Those were good times.
Hrm, I don't remember that...guess I missed out! But SBR gives away plenty of points via the dailies they do run...any griping I do about formats is minor compared to the freebies they hand out hundreds of times a year, won't see me complaining about that

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
walmart exchange rate 3150=100 bucks.....

pizza exchange rate roughly 2125 or 2250 = 100 bucks (i can't remember off hand whether pizza's are 425 for 20 bucks or 450, and i'm too lazy to go check)
Plus ALL the points you win and rollover which might match or beat what you earn in the tourney

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
Plus ALL the points you win and rollover which might match or beat what you earn in the tourney
All but 4 people who made the teams last year won far more points in the dailies than they did for being on the winning team. This year is a little shorter, but there's no doubt most players will end up in the same boat...the dailies are the real prize for participating

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
All but 4 people who made the teams last year won far more points in the dailies than they did for being on the winning team. This year is a little shorter, but there's no doubt most players will end up in the same boat...the dailies are the real prize for participating
I just realized I cashed out 8500 points from the triathlon even though I didn't win any of the final prizes. People don't see the big picture. They just focus on the final prizes.

awesome! congrats! and to stuler, smitch and db..... seem like a very deserving bunch! are the final results posted anywhere? (my dumbass found them....)

Id like to see who else did what.... and were there ever any blackjack results posted? where? (nevermind, my dumbass found these too)
Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-18-14 at 07:17 PM. Reason: my dumbass found them

Quote Originally Posted by auto donk View Post
awesome! Congrats! And to stuler, smitch and db..... Seem like a very deserving bunch! Are the final results posted anywhere? (my dumbass found them....)

id like to see who else did what.... And were there ever any blackjack results posted? Where? (nevermind, my dumbass found these too)
yes, in the same page you will find them

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
an idea for the future:
SBR poker team championship

SBR will select team leaders per say, Gummo, Jake , Autodonk, The money shot, Bitemyusdj, Smitch124, Triple D , etc and then according to the handicap given by the SBR player rating make up the teams.
Again, just a thought.
Best regards to all
Great idea! that would be fun and something new. Would take a lot more thought than most of these other poker comps while this years World Championship seems better with rule change, still love that idea Sin for future.