Login Search

SBR World Poker Cup 2014: Represent your country!

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
So SBR is rewarding mediocrity now.

Well in these Obama times I guess its the political correct thing to do. We cant have all these non-americans winning all those points just because they are better than US players. Thats not fair. We need to redistribute the wealth. Give the US more teams, so that even when they finish 3rd and 4th they will end up with a bigger piece of the pie.

And if you keep adding US teams then at some point you might even win 2nd place.
I see what you did there

Well in these Obama times I guess its the political correct thing to do. We cant have all these non-americans winning all those points just because they are better than US players. Thats not fair. We need to redistribute the wealth. Give the US more teams, so that even when they finish 3rd and 4th they will end up with a bigger piece of the pie.

And if you keep adding US teams then at some point you might even win 2nd place.

Pretty sure team world had a guy sign up for SBR about two weeks before World Cup final and still make the team with maybe 3-4 cashes.

The final is fine, its a shoot out that has a lot of variance and US has lost badly (ive been on a few US teams) . But to think they are rewarding mediocrity is a pretty poor assessment. 80% of the pool playing for the spots of one team while the remaining 20% spread over 3 teams, Im sure that makes sense somewhere Im just not seeing where

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
I am the player that made the world team w 4 cashes.

Can i get odds on me making the world team this time round?
I'm looking forward to the challenge of making a real world team too.

I bet the old world players take 5 or 6 of the 12 spots now we know we need to fight for a spot from the start!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Oaftard View Post
I, Lowly Oaftard, am very hopeful to represent the world team for my home country of Zimbabwe.
I shall represent Jackie Blewwwwww's homeland, Meh-hee-co, and I shall be, much like that 50-something "most interesting man in the world" look-a-like alpine skier who was Meh-heee-co's only Olympian representative at Sochi's winter games, the only representative of Ms. Blewwwww's home land in the upcoming world cup! And although I don't often drink beer or chew gum or practice organized religion, when I do, I prefer Bohemia, Chicklets, and graphically painted Crucifexes!!!!!

El Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
I'm looking forward to the challenge of making a real world team too.

I bet the old world players take 5 or 6 of the 12 spots now we know we need to fight for a spot from the start!
Good point Opti, something to be said for last year's World performances being less motivated by ease of making the team. Nothing you'll have to worry about though, you would have made it last year even under the new rules

an idea for the future:
SBR poker team championship

SBR will select team leaders per say, Gummo, Jake , Autodonk, The money shot, Bitemyusdj, Smitch124, Triple D , etc and then according to the handicap given by the SBR player rating make up the teams.
Again, just a thought.
Best regards to all

The 12 guys who qualified for the US last year had twice as many points accumulated as the 12 guys from Europe or World. So it's not fair for all the US guys to have to play on every single tourney just to accumulate points and qualify when someone from Europe or World can play for 2 weeks and qualify with 7 cashes.

So if Europe and World are as good as you claim they have nothing to fear and beat both US teams and Canada and win the 5,000 point top prize (which will buy you a $150 gift card once you roll it over 3 times..Obama is not going to like this giving freebies again).