Login Search

SBR World Poker Cup 2014: Represent your country!

Last Post

As the best 12 US players finish last every year, I guess they had to find a way put a team together they could beat finally!

Welcome to the Confederates

Look forward to the strengthened Euro/World team battling it out with Canada for honors this year. Cannucks needed some better competition too.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
I'm not complaining it's just gonna be tough

Do think it's better this way allowing Americans the chance to qualify
Definitely better this way for the bulk of participants (US players), and at least provides a more balanced contest. The final tournament setup between the teams is too high-variance to be indicative of much (as previous years have proven), and the prizes are a bit underwhelming for a 3 month contest...but that's more than offset by the dailies I think. World Cup has always been more about filling the poker schedule during the summer, and at least this time around SBR listened to feedback and made some great changes...good stuff

Maybe not ideal yet, but certainly much better and more fair to everyone involved. I certainly like that SBR has taken this step. And who knows, maybe if it's still very unfair based on the final outcome they will modify it again next year? But clearly they have taken one big step to make their customers (as a whole) feel much better about it so thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
As a newcomer to this competition, I have a couple of questions.1. So the Team Match tournament is a 4 person SNG?2. How do you pick the time you play? Is it assigned to you?3. There are no individual prizes correct?Thanks.

Yes, four man sit n go with one member of each team.

Your team has a few days to get together and hash out what times fit each person's schedule. For the most part, this has worked well.

Last year there was an MVP prize for the best individual during the sit n go's, but doesn't look like that is happening this time around.