Login Search

This is going to sound crazy, but...

Last Post

I haven't been making any hockey bets, but have popped in here a few times a week to check progress. If I remember correctly, your original strategy was to put puck lines and not money lines. Wouldn't this have created a lot more OT wins when you're playing dogs? Not trying to criticize, just honestly curious because I think you have a good thing going here and if a few minor things get tweaked this could be a money machine. If all ends well, I am looking forward to playing this system next season. gl buddy

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLuck777 View Post
I haven't been making any hockey bets, but have popped in here a few times a week to check progress. If I remember correctly, your original strategy was to put puck lines and not money lines. Wouldn't this have created a lot more OT wins when you're playing dogs? Not trying to criticize, just honestly curious because I think you have a good thing going here and if a few minor things get tweaked this could be a money machine. If all ends well, I am looking forward to playing this system next season. gl buddy
IIRC, it was all about money lines.

Irish, you're right about puck lines, but it was really both. If the PLs are doing well, the MLs would be too. I decided at the beginning to just follow MLs.

The totals are already a cash machine as we are only betting 1u a game, so it's not like those are up just a bet or two with a big unit bet.

The sides are obviously not doing that great but if you look at the performance in OT and SO, it really is the defining factor. It could be a down season, but OT/SO are so poor that it can be determined as bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
Irish, you're right about puck lines, but it was really both. If the PLs are doing well, the MLs would be too. I decided at the beginning to just follow MLs.

The totals are already a cash machine as we are only betting 1u a game, so it's not like those are up just a bet or two with a big unit bet.

The sides are obviously not doing that great but if you look at the performance in OT and SO, it really is the defining factor. It could be a down season, but OT/SO are so poor that it can be determined as bad luck.
I get where you're coming from but there's just one thing that sticks out to me, correct me if I am wrong, but it is that some teams, mainly dog bets, have terrible SO and OT stats. Yes, it may be "bad luck" but I don't think it should be over looked. The puck line is there for dogs to cash for forcing OT, not winning it. Just my opinion, I haven't done any numbers to back this up, just makes sense in my head lol

I get where you're coming from but there's just one thing that sticks out to me, correct me if I am wrong, but it is that some teams, mainly dog bets, have terrible SO and OT stats. Yes, it may be "bad luck" but I don't think it should be over looked. The puck line is there for dogs to cash for forcing OT, not winning it. Just my opinion, I haven't done any numbers to back this up, just makes sense in my head lol
We are mostly betting favs here, and those SO and OT losses were them, that's why it's so negative