Login Search

This is going to sound crazy, but...

Last Post

Min did me in guys. I think I'm done. 3-17 in shootouts, a loss last night with 2.5 secs, a two goal come back and then losing in OT. Is this a normal trend in sports betting. I'm relatively new to this hobby, but this is this bad luck the norm?
Last edited by ToyotaLC; 01-06-15 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaLC View Post
Min did me in guys. I think I'm done. 3-17 in shootouts, a loss last night with 2.5 secs, a two goal come back and then losing in OT. Is this a normal trend in sports betting. I'm relatively new to this hobby, but this is this bad luck the norm?
This is incredibly bad luck. Bad luck runs happen but this is way beyond that. I have no expectations of winning going into a day now. Winning only 15% of Shootout games over 20 games isn't normal in any language. Sometimes you just have to fight through weeks like these as it will turn around. The only issue is how buried we get before it does turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
This is incredibly bad luck. Bad luck runs happen but this is way beyond that. I have no expectations of winning going into a day now. Winning only 15% of Shootout games over 20 games isn't normal in any language. Sometimes you just have to fight through weeks like these as it will turn around. The only issue is how buried we get before it does turn.
Well put Slanina. I suppose the question becomes, how long should I (or anyone for that matter) "stick with it". I gamble for fun. My life does not depend on it. However, it is still nice to have some fun, follow some games and win and few bucks.

Well put Slanina. I suppose the question becomes, how long should I (or anyone for that matter) "stick with it". I gamble for fun. My life does not depend on it. However, it is still nice to have some fun, follow some games and win and few bucks.
If it makes you feel any better I'm starting my system tomorrow. It hasn't been fully tested so I'm going small for now. You can watch me get murdered as I'm going in blind.

I'm not fading anything. I will go down with the ship. I'm keeping faith.
Awesome! I did a number of NBA picks tonight, and I'll jump back on board tomorrow. I'm still new so I'll have to investigate what fading means. Are you finishing up your system this weekend? I know this is a4's thread, but I'd be interested to see if we couldn't get a few consensus picks each night. I'm sure someone will chime in that that isn't possible.

Awesome! I did a number of NBA picks tonight, and I'll jump back on board tomorrow. I'm still new so I'll have to investigate what fading means. Are you finishing up your system this weekend? I know this is a4's thread, but I'd be interested to see if we couldn't get a few consensus picks each night. I'm sure someone will chime in that that isn't possible.
My system has Pittsburgh tonight. But it's kinda messed up for now. Have to sort it out. I bet on it though. For NBA capping, search filmoz. He's a solid capper. Fading = doing opposite. So instead of betting Toronto, you'd bet Washington.

My system has Pittsburgh tonight. But it's kinda messed up for now. Have to sort it out. I bet on it though. For NBA capping, search filmoz. He's a solid capper. Fading = doing opposite. So instead of betting Toronto, you'd bet Washington.
Thanks. Looks at though that might have been the play. They are in tough with Wash.