Login Search

This is going to sound crazy, but...

Last Post

Don't know what to say, +143 and +193 give up game tying goals with less than two mins left, and both lose, of course one of them in a shootout taking us to 3-14, litterally unbelievable.

Totals are great, and my spot betting, is good so far. These team plays, are driving me crazy. Each team SO loss under 500 is nearly a 2 point swing, give us 50% or a little under and teams could be hanging around +10 units.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
Any one interested in helping me backtest a system? Seems pretty good from my numbers but it's just too much work by myself and lots of hours.
I will help, but don't have time until weekends. Plus, I'm weary of it so far, just picking the biggest fav of the day. A few months may be +, but I have to believe it's - in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
I will help, but don't have time until weekends. Plus, I'm weary of it so far, just picking the biggest fav of the day. A few months may be +, but I have to believe it's - in the long run.
I can't DM you. Says its full for you. It's a "let it ride" system. Best description I can come up with. I'll send you details in a DM if you can clear some space. I'm not in a rush. Rather just backtest it and work out kinks before I bet even a dollar. Probably start next year if it actually shows success.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
so 50% in shootouts is what you'd expect normally? or do the favs have an advantage?
My perspective is that unless there is a highly ranked team with major star power (Peg with Crosby, Malkin; Caps with Ovie; Tampa with Stamkos etc) shootouts are a 50/50 proposition. I think the live betting lines reflect that (1.85 per team). With a4's picks, his O/U is treading solidly, however, the shootouts are nowhere close to even 3-17. While there is likely some variation in 50/50 (i.e., some weeks trend better, some slightly worse), the fact that we aren't even close to even steven has to be almost exclusively attributed to bad luck. Obviously, with sports betting, there are no guarantees, however, the 2-3 unit swings on these shootout loses has been devastating but I've got to think, they can't last. We could go 17-3 and even it out (although unlikely). There is still a ton of hockey to go, and I think the results will start to not only equalize but improve.