Login Search

This is going to sound crazy, but...

Last Post

a4, I'm working on a system that picks the favorite of the day. I tested it beginning December 1st through today and it was profitable. But is there some easier way than handwriting this out? Never worked on a system. I'd like to backtest it but I have no clue how without manually looking at every game every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaLC View Post
Hey Slanina, if you need help analyzing a certain period of time (i.e., 1 month for every game etc) I could help out. Are you considering offering picks in tandem with a4 or offering another perspective on things.
It would be its own. But I just finished testing back to November and it killed the profit made in December. I'm trying two different ideas. One finished +.55 units and the other was +1.1 units from November 1st through tonight. But as long as it stays green maybe I could add some filters. November was ugly so hopefully it was a fluke. Working on October now.
Last edited by Slanina; 01-04-15 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaLC View Post
Hey Slanina, if you need help analyzing a certain period of time (i.e., 1 month for every game etc) I could help out. Are you considering offering picks in tandem with a4 or offering another perspective on things.
If you want to do some labor, I wouldn't mind. Go through each day's game for October's game. Look for the biggest favorite of that day between all the games played. Write down if it won or lost and the ML price on the game. I can do the math from there with my ideas. I use covers.com It'll show you the ML and the final score. Keep the days in order as well.

Also mark down how many games were played that day. Could be a possible filter.

For example, we'll use the opening day. 8th / -170 / W / 4.
Last edited by Slanina; 01-04-15 at 12:59 AM.

I got a little carried away and decided to backtest a few more months.

10/8 - 10/31 +5.26U System #1. +7.83U for System #2.

10/01 -10/31 (2013) +9.49U System #1. +14.12U for System #2.

Early numbers look intriguing. Anyways, that's my last post in your thread about it. Don't want to clog it up with a random hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
Slanina, I could look back through another year for you, but only if I knew who to pick.
All your picking is the biggest favorite of the day (-150 or more) and betting them. But the betting amount is where it changes day to day. So much math my brain is fried. I did all of 2013. What is odd and concerning is most of 2013 profit was in October. Just like 2014 so far.

2013 - System #1 +13.99U / System #2 +17.23 System #3 +22.33