Login Search

This is going to sound crazy, but...

Last Post

I read in the description that you have bet EVERY game and you have got such impressive results. A staking system where the units bet increases as the discrepancy between your prediction and the book's prediction increases could yield even better results. Have you tried this on the back-testing of your predictive model?

I am in the US and only have a local so I likely won't be able to bet many games with him, but if the system is the real deal, may need a group to make bets for me.

i have not had enough time to spend a ton of time back testing. I've only separated the results by playing home dog and fav puck lines, and away dog and fav puck lines, along with each ML. The MLs obviously are working to. I will get the results in a table and post.

have the whole summer for analysis

this system starts after 300 NHL games have been played, 1/2 way there so far. Will be posting. In post 24 all results are shown. Since my bankroll is not humongous, and to save on juice, I will only be playing the Home Fav ML (+179.5) and Away Dog ML (+238.2).

Whenever I play either one of those, the system above would also play the puck line as well.

See you in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha View Post
I believe that you are on a path that will lead to positives with these pursuits. Will you be posting anything from the yards per point based NFL system you were working on, over the remainder of this NFL Season?
Unfortunately no. It may sound silly, but I go back and forth between the NHL and NFL models I'm working on quite regularly and whichever peaks my interest - that one takes over for the time being. I stopped working on that model late last year as my daughter was born and then I had almost no time to work on it as I was being a father. Now that I have a little more time I was more interested in the NHL model (and for good reason, it's results are much more appealing).

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
Unfortunately no. It may sound silly, but I go back and forth between the NHL and NFL models I'm working on quite regularly and whichever peaks my interest - that one takes over for the time being. I stopped working on that model late last year as my daughter was born and then I had almost no time to work on it as I was being a father. Now that I have a little more time I was more interested in the NHL model (and for good reason, it's results are much more appealing).
I hear ya and understand completely. Nice to hear your priorities are great, she is a blessing and the things she will accomplish in this new world will be mind boggling to you and you'll play a big role in that as her father. Also, nhl (& nba for that matter) just so much more data with which to work, not surprising that results and thus worthyness of time invested would be better than nfl. The best to you and yours.