Login Search

Anyone Watch The New Show "Money Talks"?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydiamondLC View Post
These guys are nothing special if your on the phone with one of them just ask to speak to pirelli or whoever you want and they will hand the phone over to them thinking if you talk to the guy you saw on tv that you will buy the package. I know for a fact pirelli is not an actor, but for some of the clients they show come in that may be a little staged, but for the most part everything else is pretty real.
anthonydiamond, arent you in the touting business?

ya def staged but entertaining non the less i thought. i found an article that explained pretty much how it worked

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...ngster-future/

On the show, rival crews run sports gambling operations while competing for territory. Delinquent customers are roughed up, TVs go flying through attic windows, silent threats are delivered through the cryptic ordering of whiskey shots. And if you have eyes and ears, I don’t need to tell you that it’s all made up. Discovery Channel blurs the line (a mild disclaimer warns only of “dramatizations”), but Rocca doesn’t bother pretending like it’s not scripted. “We’ll read it and go, ‘Shit, let’s talk about the time we did this and this,’” he explains. “Because sometimes, they try to get us to say stupid shit.” So, more or less: Discovery hired ex-cons to play themselves pretending to commit crimes, and those fake crimes may or may not be similar to real crimes they may or may not have, at one point, actually committed.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
ya def staged but entertaining non the less i thought. i found an article that explained pretty much how it worked

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...ngster-future/

On the show, rival crews run sports gambling operations while competing for territory. Delinquent customers are roughed up, TVs go flying through attic windows, silent threats are delivered through the cryptic ordering of whiskey shots. And if you have eyes and ears, I don’t need to tell you that it’s all made up. Discovery Channel blurs the line (a mild disclaimer warns only of “dramatizations”), but Rocca doesn’t bother pretending like it’s not scripted. “We’ll read it and go, ‘Shit, let’s talk about the time we did this and this,’” he explains. “Because sometimes, they try to get us to say stupid shit.” So, more or less: Discovery hired ex-cons to play themselves pretending to commit crimes, and those fake crimes may or may not be similar to real crimes they may or may not have, at one point, actually committed.
It's to the point now where you can't really fool most audiences if it's not mostly real. Or you can just not care (Amish Mafia), and it's so bizarre you have to watch, even though it's basically a sitcom.

This is what typically happens in entertainment too. You start with a great show that's close to 100% real (Deadliest Catch), people piggyback off of it, but the more they do, the "real" aspects of it don't end up being as interesting, so the producers need to steer it some, and over time end up steering the whole thing. Meanwhile, there's a tipping point with the audience to where they like some ridiculousness, but only to a degree, then you can't hold their attention anymore. We're seeing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
It's to the point now where you can't really fool most audiences if it's not mostly real. Or you can just not care (Amish Mafia), and it's so bizarre you have to watch, even though it's basically a sitcom.

This is what typically happens in entertainment too. You start with a great show that's close to 100% real (Deadliest Catch), people piggyback off of it, but the more they do, the "real" aspects of it don't end up being as interesting, so the producers need to steer it some, and over time end up steering the whole thing. Meanwhile, there's a tipping point with the audience to where they like some ridiculousness, but only to a degree, then you can't hold their attention anymore. We're seeing it now.
yeah this is the general pattern for all reality shows. Was same with shiit like Jersey Shore.... and the UK version over here... Geordie Shore...most of first series was genuine (although obviously they play up to the camera)...just drunken idiots doing random shiit. THen it got to 4th series and they couldnt top anything that was done previously so then had to start becoming complete actors and playing out scenes that they were told to do. I was in one of the episodes in Cancun and saw how ridiculous it was 1st hand.