Login Search

Nash's 2014 All things MLB Talking Baseball Thread

Last Post

Default Mets / Dodgers UNDER 6.5 +105

I know, I know, unders are a painful wager.
6.5 unders are even more torturous.

1) Game is in Citi Field which is a graveyard.
It's tough enough to hit one out when it's 85 and sunny, but the wind is blowing in at 10 mph, and it's raw in NYC and drizzle rain.

2) Mets start Niese, who has only given up three homers all season, none in the last month, and not one at all in Citi at home, has been sharp pretty much all season. Niese has been underrated very good so far this year.

3) Dodgers start their 'B' lineup tonight, Figgins on top (no Gordon) Either on the bench, Crawford on the bench, bottom of the order is Van Slyke, Justin Turner, AJ Ellis, and Greinke.
No Dodger is going deep tonight, Puig and Han-Ram or A-Gon may scratch out a run or two, but not by going long.

4) Dodgers start Greinke, a bona fide ace on any staff that does not have Kershaw.
61 K's, 54 IP (do the math) against a team amongst the league leaders that strikes out the most.
Only person who can possibly hurt Greinke is Wright, ain't gonna happen tonight.

This game, after breaking down all factors is a classic 'under' bet.
Wind blowing in, not great conditions, two very, very solid starters, 'B' lineups.....

Skip it if you can't stand under 6.5's, or you can't deal with 3 hours of "Come on you shit head, get this third out"

I like this play, but, like I said, not for everyone.

Under 6.5 2* at +105

Crappy weather, 'B

Quote Originally Posted by CapmeSpartan View Post
Hardest part about tailing today is the single fact that yisman has this game hitting the over Nash
Well I'm sure he has his reasons for betting over.
If everyone agreed on the same side, all the time, that would not be a good thing.

Only way this game sees seven runs, my opinion, and mine alone is on 10 singles or 7 singles and a couple of doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
Well I'm sure he has his reasons for betting over.
If everyone agreed on the same side, all the time, that would not be a good thing.

Only way this game sees seven runs, my opinion, and mine alone is on 10 singles or 7 singles and a couple of doubles.
And the mets bullpen...

Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post
Niese gave up 5 runs by the end of 3 his last time out. Dodgers are rollin hot right now... It could go over in this one....GL
First inning Span gets on with cheap single, Rendon hits DP ball to Wright, throws it away.
Now Niese should have two outs, none on, he's got two on, no outs.
You make it sound like the Nats clubbed him.
Did he give up five runs, or did his defense throw away 2 runs?

Fade me, I don't give a shit