Login Search

Nash's 2014 All things MLB Talking Baseball Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by SkyeBaby22 View Post
you finally admit it that you're "confused"....LMFAO...there may just be hope after all.....donkey!
Did u make an account to follow me? Was that supposed to be an insult? That might have been the biggest reach in the world to try and insult me. "Oh you are confused! Hahahahah!!!" Good one dude! If you ARENT confused by that post then please do explain what it means. Wow you are pathetic.

Default Brewers -115 overnight line over Pittsburgh

Had to take a couple of days off, I got so pissed off at myself for loving Darvish all day Saturday, only to talk myself off of Darvish and go with Jose Ferenandez instead.

I am the king of that, talking myself out of winners to select a loser at the last second.
Darvish pitches a one hit masterpiece, falling one out shy of a no hitter, and Fernandez pukes up 6 runs in 5 innings, now he's probably lost for the year, looks like he's going to need TJ surgery.

Then, Phil fukking Hughes schools Justin Verlander, that happens once every light year, and did anybody check out the Royal game over the weekend, they get 16 hits, all singles.

Nice to see Timmy throw a gem last night, and Stanton continues to mash, and Tulo continues to rake.

Back to basics here.

I'm liking the Brews with Estrada at a very fair -115 price tag over Gerrit Cole.
Pretty much a man to man pick 'em and I'm getting the home team plus the slightly better starter (numbers wise this season, even though Estrada's past three starts have been mediocre pitching to a 4.57 ERA but he's a K and inning guy, and his numbers for the year remain very sound. 1.06 WH/IP says he's not allowing base runners, and I am OK with his 3.53 ERA.

Cole is 3.63 ERA, and his WH/IP is OK at 1.26, but depending on how long these two go in the game, that's a 1.5 more base runners a game, pushing two.

The last time we saw Cole, he was dancing with Carlos Gomez at third base.
Something about a fly ball to center that Gomez hit and admired, that Cole took exception to.
One's a hot head, well they are both hot heads, except the other is a hot head and a nut job.
I listen to Gomez speak, and he actually comes across intelligent, I really don't know what his problem is.

Curious as to see if Cole comes in high and tight, how will Milwaukee respond, these two teams never really like each other to begin with.
I might be wrong, but I think Cole gets scrutinized tonight.

OK, that is not why I am backing the Brews, this is.
Brewers are are 6 and 1 against Pittsbugh this year, Estrada is undefeated in his career versus the Pirates 5-0 with 2.22 ERA in nine starts.

Pedro Alvarez can't hit Estrada, he's 3 for 18 and struck out 8 times.
Andrew McCutchen even though in the lineup has a real bad foot.

So who hits Estrada? Well, Russell Martin, but he's DL'ed, and McCutchen who has two homers off of Estrada, but is 7 for 28.
With Martin Pitt is .215 (32 for 140) without him, it's barely .200.

Who hits Cole?
Start with Carlos Gomez, 5 for 11 .455
Scooter Gennett is .444
Segura is 5 for 12 and Braun is eligible to come off the DL too.
Milwaukee loses A-Ram, but he hasn't hit Cole much in the past.

Brewers have 79 at bats, more if you include the walks, that's enough of a sample size, they hit .305 off of Cole, now take out Rickie Weeks, who doesn't play much anymore and Caleb Gindl, and Jeff Bianchi, that .305 has to climb over .320

Give Points

Points Awarded:

TankHankerous gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.