Login Search

Nash's 2014 All things MLB Talking Baseball Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
Why the penetrate has bedard been -150 in his 2 starts? He is literally the worst pitcher in the league. He has 3 outs, 4 walks, 4 runs, and 1st and 2nd no outs in the 2nd inning. Fvcking pathetic
Dont worry Hellickson will be back soon and Bedard will be sent to Triple A

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
I think I got a slump buster here:

Mets / Cards under 6.5

20 mph winds, blowing in, (last time I checked) that park is tough enough to put one out with no wind.
Wacha on the mound, Nioese ain't chopped liver, not much power on Mets side.

Seems like the logical play of the night to me.
But what's logic have to do with things?

Mets under 6.5
2*
So much for breathing easy. Thrown out at the plate in the 9th to tie and lose? Wow. Congrats Nasher!

Brooks Baseball says he has three pitches, a four seam fastball that he uses as his primary pitch (67 percent) slider, and curve.
Has very good command of the four seam fastball, throws for strikes, but only averages about 91 mph, and even though he throws it for strikes, does not strike out many (6K-9IP) ratio.

Good solid slider, scouts say his change up sucks, and with a velocity challenged four seamer, looks like if Brandon's best shot at a big league career is in the bullpen even though he's groomed as a starter his whole life, because that's a receipe for disaster.

Bio says he went to Georgia Institute of Technology (I didn't even know GIT had a baseball program) which makes him smart anyway.
Drafted ninth round by Pittsburgh in 2009.

Throws right, 4 years in the minor leagues nothing really stands out.

26-24 W/L record, meh
3.80 ERA, meh
2:1 BB to K ratio, meh.
1.26 WH/IP, meh
6K per 9 IP, meh
3BB per 9, meh

Must be noted that Cumpton has made three AAA starts this year, is 2-0, 1.09 WH/IP and told has been solid.

He's what we call an AAAA pitcher, better than AAA, not quite ready for prime time MLB, he's not Sonny Gray, or Matt Harvey, or Tony Cingrani....

CIngrani? Cingrani?
That's his opponent today, I want to bet Reds FF minus a half run, however it's 7am and no Reds line at 5D has been posted, I don't think they know what number to hang on this game yet.
Thanks again for the work Nasher!

Brooks Baseball says he has three pitches, a four seam fastball that he uses as his primary pitch (67 percent) slider, and curve.
Has very good command of the four seam fastball, throws for strikes, but only averages about 91 mph, and even though he throws it for strikes, does not strike out many (6K-9IP) ratio.

Good solid slider, scouts say his change up sucks, and with a velocity challenged four seamer, looks like if Brandon's best shot at a big league career is in the bullpen even though he's groomed as a starter his whole life, because that's a receipe for disaster.

Bio says he went to Georgia Institute of Technology (I didn't even know GIT had a baseball program) which makes him smart anyway.
Drafted ninth round by Pittsburgh in 2009.

Throws right, 4 years in the minor leagues nothing really stands out.

26-24 W/L record, meh
3.80 ERA, meh
2:1 BB to K ratio, meh.
1.26 WH/IP, meh
6K per 9 IP, meh
3BB per 9, meh

Must be noted that Cumpton has made three AAA starts this year, is 2-0, 1.09 WH/IP and told has been solid.

He's what we call an AAAA pitcher, better than AAA, not quite ready for prime time MLB, he's not Sonny Gray, or Matt Harvey, or Tony Cingrani....

CIngrani? Cingrani?
That's his opponent today, I want to bet Reds FF minus a half run, however it's 7am and no Reds line at 5D has been posted, I don't think they know what number to hang on this game yet.
Cheers Nasher. Good to see your back in the swing of things.