Login Search

Nash's 2014 All things MLB Talking Baseball Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chong Wizard View Post
What about the over in SF/LAD game tonight? Or does that look to good to be true?
I was going to ask Nash the same thing. It does sound too good to be true. But both teams have been scoring plenty of runs lately and Beckett and Lincecum aren't exactly shutting teams down...

Quote Originally Posted by ipaulster View Post
I was going to ask Nash the same thing. It does sound too good to be true. But both teams have been scoring plenty of runs lately and Beckett and Lincecum aren't exactly shutting teams down...
i lean under in this one. AT&T park at night is a great place to pitch and both teams have magnificent bullpens.

Nats fan......taking Miami +1.5

Strasburg has been shelled in Miami his last 3 starts giving up 4 runs once and 7 runs each apprearence the previous two. This is always something I look at closely to find value. Miami has dropped 8 straight and 4 straight to the Nats. If your familiar with ESPN streak for Cash this game is on their and usually means it's for a good reason. Good luck.....Best baseball thread I've seen anywhere Nash. Keep up the good work my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by brownsfan View Post
Nash,
What kind of stats do you look at when setting your daily lineups? Just the typical batter vs. Starting pitcher?
Also, I lean on baseball cube for splits, they got the best split database out there, for instance if a team is using a lefty that is prett much unproven, I will lean on baseball cube for a team versus LHP, I will use 2 or 3 year sample.

Brooks baseball too for AAA starting pitcher call up for instance.
Brooks details the arsenal, what his go - to pich it, velocity, etc. etc

I lean on five or six different sites.

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
Nats fan......taking Miami +1.5

Strasburg has been shelled in Miami his last 3 starts giving up 4 runs once and 7 runs each apprearence the previous two. This is always something I look at closely to find value. Miami has dropped 8 straight and 4 straight to the Nats. If your familiar with ESPN streak for Cash this game is on their and usually means it's for a good reason. Good luck.....Best baseball thread I've seen anywhere Nash. Keep up the good work my friend...
Nice of you to say, look for a low scoring game in Miami, but it's a lean not a play.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Remember last week Benny Big Nuts had a play on Koehler and the Marlins against strasburg but the game was in DC and Nationals won easy.

Benny might have been a week early on that one.
I like Koehler, I hate everything Washington Nationals, hate that team, however, boy wonder (Stras) is going to throw a masterpiece tonight.
Miami isn't hitting, Werth owns the kid, this could be over by inning four

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Remember last week Benny Big Nuts had a play on Koehler and the Marlins against strasburg but the game was in DC and Nationals won easy.

Benny might have been a week early on that one.
nats won easy? do your homework it was a 2-1 game in the 8th inning nats scored 6 in that 8th and 4 were on a grand slam. just looking at final scores can be very deceiving
Give Points

Points Awarded:

GT21Megatron gave allabout the $$$ 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.