Login Search

Nash's 2014 All things MLB Talking Baseball Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
^
That's nice of you to say, thanks.

I'm not comfortable with pay for plays, it's prostitution and sleazy.

I'm just a math and baseball geek that likes doing this, applying numbers to baseball, it's a numbers driven game.
I agree with the prostitution and sleazy comment, I just wanted to show my gratitude. I've been a math guy for as long as I can remember, as well as a baseball fanatic. I'm 30 and have been betting baseball/playing fantasy baseball for almost half my life. I can't get enough. Best of luck the rest of the way sir.

Just also wanted to bounce this off of you or anyone else...I looked at today's card and one line screamed at me. It was the total in the Royals/Twins game tomorrow, 7.5. I love the under here. Did a little digging, and these stood out:

- KC is struggling to score on the road so far in 2014, scoring 3, 1, and 1 runs in their 3 away games so far.
- KC is 27th in MLB in runs this year, that was before tonight's 1-10 defeat by the twins...
- MN is hot on offense, 7th so far in MLB, but they've scored 10 runs 3 times this year, so they are very hit or miss
- I think they miss today facing off vs James Shields
- In the last 3 years, in away games, Shields is 24-15 with a 3.04 ERA (compared to 20-16 3.25 ERA at home)
- In the last 3 years, Shields is 4-2 with a 3.35 era vs the Twins (3-1 2.76 ERA at Target Field)...he dominates that weak lineup!
- MN is going with Ricky Nolasco...He's not great, but he's not completely awful either. I think he can keep in check the KC offense which is ranked 27th in runs so far. Plus, Nolasco has never faced the KC Royals. A majority of these players have never seen him so I feel that could work to Nolasco's favor.

- Lastly, and very important to me when betting on over/unders, is the quality of the two teams bullpens. And in this case, they both have stud bullpens with stud closers.

I see this as a 3-1...5-2 at worst game in favor of the Royals. Maybe even 2-0 if Big Game James is feelin' it. What'dya think???

^
Concerns are Kubel is very streaky and right now he's loving it in Minnesota., and and a look at the rest of the Twin roster, they hit Shields too, be cautious there, I know where you are coming from, but that total is not automatic.

YTD 11-2
+ (whatever) 16* or something, doesn't matter.

MASTERSON -1.5 run line +125 over White Sox

Even with the Cuban additon, White Sox are a bad, bad, offensive club.
Paulino starts for Chicago, I'll be nice, he's a hamburger.
Santana, Swisher, As-Cab, Brantley, Kipnis etc al should have their way with him.

I really think Cleveland can name the score in this spot.

Game is in Chicago, so I get the ninth inning at bat reagardless, this is a run line spot I look for.

Masterson and the Tribe 2* (Masterson must start)
Last edited by stevenash; 04-12-14 at 12:49 PM.