Login Search

Nash's 2014 All things MLB Talking Baseball Thread

Last Post

Nash.. Im looking to put one last future in on KC win total OVER. I think I remember seeing that you like them also.

My two online books have 81.5 -115 and 82 -110.

My local is giving me 82 -125.

Obviously i would rather bet it with a local so I dont have to tie up over 1k for the whole summer..

What are your thoughts on those lines. Think there is any value left at all in 82 -125?

I'm a former college athlete and am going to be wagering on baseball for the first time this year. I was messing around looking at threads and forums for information and advice when I ended up here. I gotta admit I was completely engrossed reading your post and look forward to following you this year bud. Sports are my passion and it for sure looks like yours as well. BOL this year boys.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
235322256-1 3/25/14 1:50am $200.00 $860.00 Pending 3/31/14 1:00pm Props Baseball 25343 Kansas City Royals win AL Central +430* vs Field wins American League Central (Fixed Price)
See a lot of ppl slept on the Royals and got bad lines.
I'm on them +700 at the Hilton to win that division.
Also bet them again at +650 the week after lol. Felt like I needed a little more on it even though the price got worse.
Lot of ppl have them on here, hopefully we all get a good sweat on this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
Last week Opie asked me to give him a fair assessment of his favorite team, the Texas Rangers.
Drinker wanted to know if I was going to do a thread this year, Smokey too and a few others.

OK fellas, here it is, I will post my plays here, I will post my thoughts here, I will post everything MLB in this thread, some of you said it was hard tracking down my spot plays because I don't always wager every day in MLB, you will find it here.

Play ball !

First Opie:
Four teams can win the AL West
Angels, Rangers, Seattle, and Oakland

Oakland will win the division in a neck and neck battle with Texas.

American League West is probably the most interesting out of all the divisions in baseball.
All five teams have flawes, and with the exception of the Houston Astros, who have less than
a one percent chance of winning that division, can win it.

The good about the Rangers:
Very scary one through five top of the order.

I love the Choo signing, he's a proven 20/20 guy, a guy who can lead off with a homer, which he has done
several times last season with the Reds, or get on with a single and steal second. Extremely high OBA, which
to me is the most important statistic, and plays a very good outfield.
The bad about Choo is he cannot hit lefties. Pretty much an automatic out against the better lefties.
Never could hit Liriano, never could hit Cliff Lee, or Kershaw, or David Price. Hell, he's 0 for 8 against Corbin.
But the good far outweighs the bad

I guess Washington bats Andrus second, he is what he is, .275/.345 no pop, terrific speed, and a steady glove.

Prince will hit third, at first I wasn't big on the Detroit deal, I like it a little better now, if Price stays healthy and doesn't break down,
will hit 30 home runs, drive in 100, with 40 home runs not out of the question. Plays a serviceable first base.

Beltre is my guy, he's a beast, behind Miggy, who will move to first the best third baseman in the American League,
you can argue Longoria, but for my money, give me Beltre.
Monster bat, good glove, tremendous work ethic, how can you not love Beltre?
Expect .300/.350 30-100 from Adrian

With Rios hitting fifth, you got another 20/20 guy. Capable of hitting 20 home runs, and can steal you 20 bags.
Will he? Don't know, but he can easily steal 20 if Washington let's him go.

That first five at the top of the order is one of the best in baseball.

Moreland is going to DH according to my sources, he's an OK bat, don't hate him, don't love him.

Not in love with Soto batting seventh, he could hit some when he was with the Cubs, but don't expect more than .240.
Same with Arencebia, he's got 20 home run pop, but no average, no OBA. Not in love with the catching platoon.

Which brings us to Jurickson Profar......
Some of you think he's the next big thing, I am not sold on Profar.
I am fully aware of his potential and all that, just not sold on him.
He's got pop for a middle infielder, and speed, not sure if he can hit prime time pitching.
Now he's got a bum shoulder, I would have preferred if Texas kept Kinsler, but that ship has sailed.
If that shoulder doesn't bother him all season, he should hit .250 10 homers, 10 steals.
If that shoulder keeps him out of the lineup, Texas is up shit's creek, good luck going to war with Adam Rosales at second base.
Rosales can't hit his weight, really, he's a .190 hitter.

Leonys Martin will hit ninth, don't like the guy's attitude, but he'll give you .260, with a little power.

Yu Darvish is a beast,
Not just a staff ace, a bonafide MLB ace.
Top five MLB starter.

Rest of the rotation is just OK

Holland is hurt
Alexi Ogundo - average starter
Matt Harrison - don't give me he's a former 18 game winner, he has issues and he's, just my opinion, overrated.
Tommy Hanson - his better days are gone
Martin Perez - He's a five earned runs given up in the third inning waiting to happen.

The four other potential starters are not very good.

Joe Nathan will be missed,
but late game relievers aren't that bad.
Nafalfi Perez I kind of like and Tanner Sheppers has plenty of upside who I think will be a good one.

Bench is paper thin Opie.

Second place, will be a division contender all season, very real wild card chance.

AL East - Tampa (best pitching in that division)
AL Central - Detroit ( will not miss Prince and monster four man rotation)
AL West - Oakland (wide open division except for Houston) A's get nod because of pitching and balanced 1 though 9 lineup

NL East - Nationals (best piching in division, lineup solid
NL Central - Reds (Cards will miss Beltran, expecting big drop off from Molina as well)
NL West - Dodgers. Well duh, most complete team in baseball

Nice observations on the Rangers..

I would love to hear your thoughts on the Pirates!~

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and to betting baseball, done some NHL in the past. I stumbled on this thread and read it from the start and im impressed by your work and effort nash, i will follow this thread closely!
Just curios about your results, unitwise, from past seasons?

Regards