3. Dodgers
4. Braves
5. Reds
6. Cardinals
7. Rays
8. Pirates
9. Diamondbacks
10. Reds
Not sure how the Bosox aren't in the top 10 somewhere. Oh that's right yankee fan.

Quote Originally Posted by brownsfan View Post
Any thoughts on who the most disappointing teams will be this year? I nominate the pirates.
i agree.

Pirates- Line-up won't score enough. Pitching won't repeat last years performance
Red Sox- Starting pitching issues, they will miss Salty and Ellsbury.
Indians- After Salazar and Masterson not much SP depth. Will be close to .500 but not a playoff team
Rays- Won't score enough runs. Very tough division
Rangers- Starting pitching issues. Only good SP is Darvish

Sleeper teams

Rockies
Blue Jays
Orioles
Mariners
Royals
Brewers
Will all surprise many folks

Biggest long shot sleeper to compete - The New York Mets

just maybe. Pitching is solid and may even be very good if Noah Synegard is able to
contribute at the big league level and Colon is able to pitch like last season.
1. Colon
2. Niese
3. Gee
4. Wheeler
5. Synegard

could be a solid staff.

Granderson and Young will add some pop to go along with Murphy and Wright.

Eric Young Jr is the X factor. Can he be a good leadoff?

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
Not sure how the Bosox aren't in the top 10 somewhere. Oh that's right yankee fan.
Take a look at my original list again. Look at #5 and #10.
When I saw your post I was like "WTF, I know I have the Red Sox bullpen top 5 this year.
Typo

1. Royals
2. Athletics
3. Dodgers
4. Braves
5. Reds
6. Cardinals
7. Rays
8. Pirates
9. Diamondbacks
10. Reds

I have the Red Sox #5
This is what is what is in my database

1. Royals
2. Athletics
3. Dodgers
4. Braves
5. Red Sox
6. Cardinals
7. Rays
8. Pirates
9. Diamondbacks
10. Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Nash,

I have 2 Rankings request

would you please Rank the top 10 Leadoff hitters

and

please rank the top 10 worst bullpens

thanks man.

Also curious who do you think is a better leadoff hitter Span for the Nationals or Markakis for the Orioles?
TOP TEN (HERE'S ELEVEN) LEADOFF HITTERS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

PUIG (Could hit 25 homers, steal 25 bases, and give you .280/.350- if he hits leadoff)
SEGURA (Could hit 10 homers, steal 40 bases, and give you .290/.330 and score 90 runs, if Braun is Braun again)
MATT CARPENTER (High OBA = Runs scored, has pop too)
VICTORINO (Baseball smart on the bases, speed to spare for a AARP member, high OBA, with some power)
KINSLER (Natural leadoff hitter)
FOWLER (Too bad he's wasting away in Houston, but he's making ridiculous money though)
AOKI (Sneaky good, very underrated, does things you need and want from leadoff)
ELSBURY (At Yankee Stadium could be the best LO hitter in the game, power to short porch, speed, you name it)
CRISP (Another one of those 20/20 guys you love at leadoff, OBA a little low)
CHOO (Best, second or third best leadoff hitter in the game, depends on your criteria) Does not hit lefties well is only weakness
REYES (Consumate leadoff guy if he stays healthy)

WORST BP's
20. Marlins
21. Rockies
22. Orioles
23. Brewers
24. Angels
25. White Sox
26. Cubs
27. Mets
28. Yankees
29. Phillies
30. Astros

Markakis over Span.

I like to joke and say Markakis is a 15 million dollar singles hitter, because he is always among the leaders in singles hit per season, but he does have 12-18 homer power, he gets on base better than Span, only thing Span has over Markakis is speed.

*does not apply, but Markakis is one of the best fielding right fielders in the game, one of my personal favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
Take a look at my original list again. Look at #5 and #10.
When I saw your post I was like "WTF, I know I have the Red Sox bullpen top 5 this year.
Typo

1. Royals
2. Athletics
3. Dodgers
4. Braves
5. Reds
6. Cardinals
7. Rays
8. Pirates
9. Diamondbacks
10. Reds

I have the Red Sox #5
This is what is what is in my database

1. Royals
2. Athletics
3. Dodgers
4. Braves
5. Red Sox
6. Cardinals
7. Rays
8. Pirates
9. Diamondbacks
10. Reds
LOL even the best make mistakes.

Default Blue Jays | Ryan Goins to start at second base

Toronto Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said 2B Ryan Goins has won the competition to be the team's starting second baseman over INF Maicer Izturis. 'Goins is our guy right now,' Gibbons said. 'We want to see him do his thing. There's always a chance. Opening Day is (Tampa Bay's) David Price so maybe you'd rather have a righty facing him, that could always be a possibility. But we're giving Goins every opportunity to be the guy.' Source: MLB.com - Gregor Chisholm
BHQ take: This certainly sounds like a platoon arrangement with the LHB Goins getting the advantage over the switch-hitting Izturis, but neither offers much to fantasy players. Goins is projected to have a slightly above average (108) Spd rating, but in AAA-Buffalo during 2013, he was only successful in three of eight stolen base attempts (no attempts in 34 games with TOR), and he only walked twice in 121 plate appearances in those 34 games with the Blue Jays. Izturis does offer three position flexibility (2B, SS, 3B) for 2014 and a decent batting Eye of 0.74, but with no power (46 PX) and minimal speed (86 SPD), he is only a roster filler.