Login Search

Nash's 2014 All things MLB Talking Baseball Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
can't wait till bases start. Any rankings out their on bullpens of teams? Knowing which team has the better bullpen in a matchup especially early in the season is very useful.
I feel like Bullpens are extremely volatile from year to year.

sometimes a team gets a bunch of scrubs together and for a year they just have magic

see the Pirates from last year.

other times a team has some big name proven guys in the bullpen and they just suck.

tough to preview how they will do

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
I feel like Bullpens are extremely volatile from year to year.

sometimes a team gets a bunch of scrubs together and for a year they just have magic

see the Pirates from last year.

other times a team has some big name proven guys in the bullpen and they just suck.

tough to preview how they will do
thats true too, takes about a month into the season to get an idea of each teams bullpen.

can't wait till bases start. Any rankings out their on bullpens of teams? Knowing which team has the better bullpen in a matchup especially early in the season is very useful.
I'll talk bullpens tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
Don't discount KC, that lineup can rake, Hosmer and Butler and Gordon can crush lefties, that 3-4-5 meat of the order can mash.
Don't forget, they have Aoki and Infante on top now, very nice lineup

if KC gets any pitching behing Price, they'll be in it to win it.
They need Vargas and company to step up
Dan Duffy is the wild card on that staff. I think we learn something about that kid this year one year now removed from Tommy John.

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
I expect Stras to bounce back nicely but, I like the Braves bullpen better then the Nationals. It's neck and neck, I actually expect Gio to go down a bit this year
Gio had an off year last year. He should be better this year.

The Braves bullpen is great but their line-up strikes out way too much.

That starting pitching staff on the Braves is kinda overrated IMO

really like the Nationals in the NL as well, but they might get in as a wild card. The Braves had multiple players that underperformed last year and they still won the division with ease. If the Upton brothers perform as they should and their pitching continues to be solid they will continue to win games, however as they showed once again last year their no threat to go anywhere in the playoffs.

really like the Nationals in the NL as well, but they might get in as a wild card. The Braves had multiple players that underperformed last year and they still won the division with ease. If the Upton brothers perform as they should and their pitching continues to be solid they will continue to win games, however as they showed once again last year their no threat to go anywhere in the playoffs.
i agree with that. Braves always choke in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
I'd especially appreciate it if you discussed any modelling approach you have with regards to bullpens when you post.
1. Royals
2. Athletics
3. Dodgers
4. Braves
5. Reds
6. Cardinals
7. Rays
8. Pirates
9. Diamondbacks
10. Reds