Login Search

10% Chance We Go To War With Russia

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
Why is the source of the image is now an issue?
Because I know a WSJ graph, a Barrons graph, an Institutional Investor graph when I see one. Your fib was obvious to these trained eyes - all while calling me stupid and telling me how much I don't know about the stock market. WTF.

so how the hell can you draw a conclusion between today's market movement in Russia and current situation in Crimea peninsula?
Russian troops occupy Crimea over the weekend and make international headlines. And on Monday the bottom falls out of the Russian stock market - hard.

100% of financial news outlets must be stupid like me because the two events are repeatedly being linked.

Here's the carnage: http://www.quotenet.com/index/market-movers/MICEX The book says you buy the index (MICEX), btw. There is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
Because I know a WSJ graph, a Barrons graph, an Institutional Investor graph when I see one. Your fib was obvious to these trained eyes - all while calling me stupid and telling me how much I don't know about the stock market. WTF.

Russian troops occupy Crimea over the weekend and make international headlines. And on Monday the bottom falls out of the Russian stock market - hard.

100% of financial news outlets must be stupid like me because the two events are repeatedly being linked.

Here's the carnage: http://www.quotenet.com/index/market-movers/MICEX The book says you buy the index (MICEX), btw. There is hope.
the data on that graph was correct, who cares where the image came from? am I talking to a 10 year old here?
You're completely missing the point of that graph. In less than 15min I can throw this shit in Excel or Vizio and blow your mind with new graphics for that chart.

and on your 2nd point...You said that Russia is at war right now and that's why the market collapsed.
Show me what financial outlets are saying that today's market collapse happened because of that war in Ukraine.

as far as I know we're not at war, but of course my knowledge of the current situation could obviously be outdated comparing to yours
Last edited by Russian Rocket; 03-03-14 at 02:41 PM.

the data on that graph was correct, who cares where the image came from? am I talking to a 10 year old here?
You're completely missing the point of that graph. In less than 15min I can throw this shit in Excel or Vizio and blow your mind with new graphics for that chart.
Although it was fun to laugh at the crayon dashes, the graphics are the lesser of the giveaway. That graph compares a handful of multiday averages across the breadth of 100 years. It's statistically useless and would never be presented to market participants for short term insight or long term trends. But it certainly could end up in a professor's book.

and on your 2nd point...You said that Russia is at war right now and that's why the market collapsed.
ONE MORE TIME - MY POST THAT HURT YOUR BUTT:

Monday's news: Russian central bank raising rates, ruble hits all-time lows, and Russian stock market off 10% and counting.

And the fighting hasn't even started yet.

Your subscription to Pravda isn't doing your brain (or King Mayan's) any favors. Consider cancelling.

hey you forgot to include this as well

When the US goes to war the stock market rallies - it doesn't tank. Bad sign, bro. Russia now off 12% and counting.
or this

What we don't tend to see (ever in US history, I believe) is the markets crash on Day 1 of an event of war.

even after all this he's gonna pretend that he didn't talk about war

Your little insult about Pravda is weak - no one reads that shit in Russia, besides old timers...but wait, you probably already know that from reading your financial news outlets

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
I bet you would be the bitch if Obama drafted your ass then declared war you'll shit your pants
few things. don't feel bad, i correct my 8 yr old on his ignorance as well. America, in its greatness and superiority, staffs a military made completely of volunteers. No one is forced to protect this great nation and risk their lives for folks like me and you, whom find meaning in posting on gambling forums.

you never really refuted the bitch part. putin will do whatever he wants. kerry going to kiev, putin must be shittin bricks about now. aslyum to snowden? did you forget that part.

and don't insert rofl shit into your own reply, just reminds us of all this guy:

fukk, my work is never done...

i will avoid a lengthy rebuttal here and simply ask if the Russian stock market is about 231 years behind reality (meaning russia has had troops occupying crimea since at least 1783 and a lease agreement for naval bases that runs through 2017, meaning they were already there)?

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
few things. don't feel bad, i correct my 8 yr old on his ignorance as well. America, in its greatness and superiority, staffs a military made completely of volunteers. No one is forced to protect this great nation and risk their lives for folks like me and you, whom find meaning in posting on gambling forums.

you never really refuted the bitch part. putin will do whatever he wants. kerry going to kiev, putin must be shittin bricks about now. aslyum to snowden? did you forget that part.

and don't insert rofl shit into your own reply, just reminds us of all this guy:

So Putin is doing whatever he wants in his region of the world and obama is the bitch

I suggest that you don't be a bitch and go join the military yourself so you can at least back up your "bitch claims" or at least prep your kid to join the military then yell "WAR!!!!!!" when he's an 0311 marine...