Login Search

10% Chance We Go To War With Russia

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
Only two of these events saw stock prices climb, and then only slightly. In five cases they fell, and in two the stock market was closed (for more than four months after the outbreak of World War I in Europe, and for four days after 9/11).
WTF kind of chart was that?

A sound stock market is cyclical in nature and war news will disrupt and shift the cycle, thus creating short term winners and losers that will cancel each other out in an index. In the US, once it's clear in the weeks and months after war news that there won't be foreign tanks in the streets and that the military-industrial complex is in synch, we see rallies.

What we don't tend to see (ever in US history, I believe) is the markets crash on Day 1 of an event of war.

That might be the downside of a free market being led by autocrat - Putin might have the power to nationalize a company that doesn't jump when he tells it to, but he can't stop people bailing on investments.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
That would be fukkin tragic.

I can see jj on the front lines getting splattered with jalapeno paint. There goes my hero, he gave all for country, he gave all for Shari.
we should take over that country foreal and just make a bigger USA the mexican already want to live here so lets welcome them with open arms and take advantage of that prime real estate they have

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
Shea impressive resume

You never know who does what here

Market is rigged in USA

It's a Shame
I wouldn't say it's rigged as much as I'd say it's a highly uneven playing field; and the main reason a mom n' pop investor is so set up to get smoked is because the mom n' pop investor does not matter any more than a $2 show bettor at a track.

The only people winning in the stock market are those high-speed traders with high-tech servers and high-tech equipment

There are select few That get information earlier than the rest

Speed is everything in the stock market

90% of investors do not have the resources to be a winner in the stock market

Of course long term anybody can show profit

What we don't tend to see (ever in US history, I believe) is the markets crash on Day 1 of an event of war.
I hope you do realize that there is no war in Ukraine right now and we might not even see a war out there
What day 1 of the war are you referring to right now? Do some fukking reading about situation in Ukraine before you post something stupid like this.

You said that US markets rallies before US goes to war and I gave you an example of what happened before the Korean War, when US markets plunged over 13%

I also showed you a chart of happened to the stock markets every time we had a major war on our hands during the past 100 years.

Instead of looking at the cold facts, you reserved to a little story about your 15 years of experience on wall street.

...and I gotta tell ya, that's a wonderful story, bro and I'm very happy for ya
Last edited by Russian Rocket; 03-03-14 at 11:19 AM.

I hope you do realize that there is no war in Ukraine right now and we might not even see a war out there
What day 1 of the war are you referring to right now? Do some fukking reading about situation in Ukraine before you post something stupid like this.

You said that US markets rallies before US goes to war and I gave you an example of what happened before the Korean War, when US markets plunged over 13%

I also showed you a chart of happened to the stock markets every time we had a major war on our hands during the past 100 years.

Instead of looking at the cold facts, you reserved to a little story about your 15 years of experience on wall street.

...and I gotta tell ya, that's a wonderful story, bro and I'm very happy for ya
Thanks Gordon Gekko.

Can you draw up another chart with your crayon? I have trouble with big words.

that's all you got? that chart just so u know was posted by WSJ - nowadays kids in high school can read stuff like that
Well, I don't know where that link is but I hope WSJ attributed the graph (with its 'days before / days after' plotted along the axis - heavy stuff, Rocket) to the British professor Mark Harrison who created it for his book "Capitalism at War".

Google Image search, gentlemen.

Also - I wrote "When the US goes to war the stock market rallies" - you responded with a cartoon graph charting US market reaction to foreign aggression.

You're misguided from the outset. And angry or something.

Well, I don't know where that link is but I hope WSJ attributed the graph (with its 'days before / days after' plotted along the axis - heavy stuff, Rocket) to the British professor Mark Harrison who created it for his book "Capitalism at War".

Google Image search, gentlemen.

Also - I wrote "When the US goes to war the stock market rallies" - you responded with a cartoon graph charting US market reaction to foreign aggression.

You're misguided from the outset. And angry or something.
angry? why would I be angry at your stupidity?

here are your own words: "What we don't tend to see (ever in US history, I believe) is the markets crash on Day 1 of an event of war"

Now, why don't you tell us why you think today is the day 1 in RUS vs UKR war? Do you even know what's happening out there? Any idea at all?

You're throwing here some lame stories about market, without actually knowing of what's going on in that region.
So, do you really think that something like this would make me angry? Anyone, who has a half a clue about a current situation in Ukraine is laughing at you right now.