Login Search

Peyton Manning does not impress me

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
I think the scoring is getting out of hand. I'm not talking about Manning specifically, just the game - college and pro - in general.

Yea I mean scoring is fun to watch but I prefer a grind it out game.

The biggest thing with me is the style of passing. It's a short passing pitch and catch style of game these days. I like a football game where the running game sets up the big pass play. Short-passing is not fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
28/34. It is hard to do that against air. It is hard to do that on 7 on 7 with no pass rush.

He was 32/37 last week with a few WR drops. Again, it is hard to do that against air or with no live NFL pass rush.

He's the best. He's better than Rodgers and Brady and way better than Drew Brees.
not a chance.

rodgers is the best qb in the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
I don't think so. Rodgers holds onto the ball too long and led the NFL in sacks.

Manning can create his own offense. He knows the X's and O's better than any coordinators.
you cant be serious> maning would have died behind that packers line by now.

Manning is as surgical as it gets but he gets exposed in the playoffs against better defenses. He simply doesn't have the arm strength to make all the throws and the cold weather doesn't help.

Rodgers has all the talent in the world. While he might not be able to dissect a defense like Manning, he can put the ball exactly where it needs to be with a lot of zip on it. Almost indefensible. He's one of the most skilled qbs ever. Funny because Favre was the same way, he just took more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
The year before Manning got injured he had one of the worst lines I have ever seen and no running game at all.

Rodgers holds onto the ball too long. That isn't always a terrible thing, some guys throw the ball downfield more so they have to hold onto the ball longer. Drew Bledsoe and Kurt Warner come to mind. These guys weren't dropping back and throwing dump offs to their RBs. But Rodgers is in a west coast offense. He holds onto the ball too long but he has a real low INT rate so I can live with it.

I have been on the rodgers bandwagon since the very beginning, before others but he isn't perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
you are an idiot.

peyton has one of the quickest releases in the nfl. rodgers has one of the slowest and his holding on to the ball too long is nothing new, even his own coach has publicly criticized him for it.

stick to croquet and cooking curry, indian dummy.

Peyton is one of the best ever certainly, but right now I'd rather have Brady or Rodgers with all of those weapons than Peyton.

Brady's got a better deep ball and is more accurate, but is the worst out of the three if not getting good protection. I'd still take him because I don't think this would be a huge problem with this offense, and he could help spread the defense even more.

Rodgers is the best at succeeding regardless of the pressure (his lines have been consistently bad), which becomes more important in the playoffs.

If Peyton could consume Eli's clutchness, he would be the best ever.
Last edited by CrazyCarl; 09-29-13 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
Denver best WRs in the league, best O-line, best kick returner.
We've seen this story before. 2007 Patriots, 2009 Colts, 2011 Packers, 2013 Broncos.

It all ends the same way in the end.
You didn't see the 1996 Broncos either, that was the #1 seed that got shocked by Jacksonville in the 1st round. That same broncos ended up winning b2b superbowl the following years after. Great teams don't make the same mistake twice.

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
You didn't see the 1996 Broncos either, that was the #1 seed that got shocked by Jacksonville in the 1st round. That same broncos ended up winning b2b superbowl the following years after. Great teams don't make the same mistake twice.
Have Pats won since 07?
Have Colts won since 09?
Have Packers won since 11?

Different era of the NFL here.