Login Search

Saratoga 2013

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
Going to try and beat Stephanie's Kitten or Palace Malace today?
Too late for Kitten but I would not play Palace Malice today. For the extreme effort at that distance and the short price with the main objective the Travers, whats the point. Kind of like playing the Heat against the Wizards after they beat the Lakers, with Okla. City on deck. They might cover , but why?
If you have the urge, try and beat him is my opinion. And not with Mylute. He seems to find a way to get beat every time and no real value there. Use him under and swing for the fences. Small loss...big gain. My kind of play.
Sorry I was late with the Kitten race. Would have advised to play against as well, but could not have told you who. Did not see a form.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
Palace Malice wins easy...

Heard the horse had been working like a freak...

Horse is maturing
Perfect trip Kid.

Right eye clear all the way.

Of course he was tons the best but 4.40 hoping for a perfect trip ? No way. If Freedom Child gets in his right eye, Take Charge Indy wins easily IMO. Remember Kid, PACE MAKES THE RACE! And a good trip and a clean right eye for those speed types is right behind it. I can't say it enough.

He is definitely maturing and Pletcher gets a ton of credit for that. So does Mike Smith who gets bashed unfairly every time I turn around it seems. The guy is really good and the Zenyatta stuff is ridiculous. Mean while how many lengths better has he made Game On Dude who unless he ( the horse)really screws up at the wrong time is Horse of the Year and that was apparent in mid May.

Anyway, careful with Paynter as well. 1st time poly and a decent amount of speed in there. No price to speak of and a bigger objective awaits. While I root for the horse very hard for what he had the guts to overcome( what a f'in horse!) I would not play him either as it's just a stepping stone to bigger things down the road.
Good luck Kid, you da man!