Login Search

El Niņo's MLB Thread

Last Post

as the salaries get higher...the level of execution worsens...the ending of the KAN/CLE game reeked as well...bring in a pinch-hitter down a run with guys on 2&3 with only one out...and he watches 6 straight pitches, including 3 strikes...aaarrrggghhh

get as many of these improbable screw-ups in a night of MLB now than there used to be in a month...epic bullpen meltdowns, little-league errors of all kinds, and dumbass managing decisions...now all quite commonplace

NBA has eroded even worse into something unwatchable...

NHL can't come soon enough...only major N.American professional team-sport that hasn't turned into a parody of its former self
Last edited by fitguy67; 09-10-13 at 05:07 AM.

9/11

Colorado Rockies (+136) 0.5u 5Dimes
Cleveland Indians (+106) 0.5u 5Dimes

YTD
162-156-3 +17.15u

A little day bases action here. Only going half a unit each on these. Will cap the night games later.

Fading Petit after he went a complete game and was one strike away from a perfect game. Petit had never pitched more than 6 innings this season prior to that complete game shutout. Giants blow a 6-0 lead tonight and lose the game. Seems like a good spot to gamble on the dog here.

With Cleveland, it's a coin flip game, taking the plus money on the home team. Kazmir coming off a great start, Shields coming off the worst start of his season. Kazmir 4-1 with a 3.20 ERA for day games.

0-2 -1u on the day. Rockies blow the lead in the bottom of the 8th.

Adding: Houston Astros FF (+135) 5Dimes. I like Peacock (no homo) as he's shown potential. He's pitched decent enough in pitcher friendly parks. No way this rookie spot starter should be favored by this much here. Doing First Five to avoid Houston's bull pen.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post

Boston Red Sox (-115) 1.15u 5Dimes

Jake Peavy > Jeremy Hellickson post All-Star Break. Keeping it simple. Hotter team, better starting pitching.
Looking at this all day thinking of making it my largest play of the season. Gonna go small now and wait to see lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by whtsox13 View Post
Looking at this all day thinking of making it my largest play of the season. Gonna go small now and wait to see lineups.
Just a normal play for me. Rays are streaky and are beating themselves these days. Maddon's decision process tonight in the 9th and 10th inning was mind boggling. Fausto Carmona With the AL East and Wild Card tightening, I expect the Red Sox to continue to push and finish strong.