Login Search

El Niņo's MLB Thread

Last Post

9/6

Texas Rangers (-105) 1.05u BookMaker
San Francisco Giants FF (+113) 5Dimes

YTD
161-152-3 +20.27u

Little bit of a fade on Corbin here. He's been getting hit around his last 3-4 games. Even without Posey, I think the Giants slap him around here. Sacrificing the few points here and taking FF. Just can't bet against the Dbacks once the 8th, 9th inning rolls around and they are within a run. It took the Dbacks until the 5th inning to get going last night. Even though the Dbacks' lineup looks a little better on paper, Petit fanned 10 in 6 innings against them in his last start. He will prob only go 5 or 6 innings, another reason I'm taking FF here.

With Texas, just taking the better overall team, better bullpen. Wilson has pretty sick #'s in his last 15 starts or so, yet he's a pick 'em at home? Will take the low price here on a Texas team that has owned the Angels this season.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
Fit guy Im sure u don't mean ill but your comment doesn't make any sense. Id imagine most here would know how it works in baseball and no one as far as i know came here n said its over before it was over. Mo blowing a save, soriano having a brain freeze by getting picked off, the umpire blowing a call is enough in a night and top of that we gotta hear this? If u had Boston then good for ya but no point coming here n bashing...
Fully agreed...I was on NewYork with you, Nino and Co. and felt the pain intensely. (I wasn't crowing or bitching...just lamenting and musing about why and how seemingly-improbable bad-beats in baseball are so frequent and frustrating.)

All the regs in this thread are certified gudpeeples...
Last edited by fitguy67; 09-07-13 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
Fully agreed...I was on NewYork with you, Nino and Co. and felt the pain intensely. (I wasn't crowing or bitching...just lamenting and musing about why and how seemingly-improbable bad-beats in baseball are so frequent and frustrating.)

All the regs in this thread are certified gudpeeples...
Yeah thought so and that is why I started the response the way I did...from memory I knew you were good peoples
Good luck today everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
did they REALLY have to give up their 2-run lead in the bottom of the 5th?...it couldn't wait till later?
Nope, 2 outs and 1 on and Weaver gives up back to back hits to bury it.

Now an error on a fielder's choice has probably buried any shot at the RL.

Sorriest lineup I've seen the Twins field in a long time.