Login Search

El Niņo's MLB Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by nbballaz7 View Post
Have you done pretty well in the past in MLB Nino? I know your Hockey is spot on.
Honestly, this year's NHL thread was my first season long thread that I have stuck with. I tried a bases thread last year but I was making too many plays, would get bored/frustrated, and chase. It turned out poorly and I gave up on it. I was more known last season for spot fading my Twins on a nice RL or throwing down dimes on some games in Vegas. This is a new and improved El Niņo though. Bank Roll Management and selection is key. Same discipline as pucks.

4/2

Toronto Blue Jays -1.5 (+120) 2u

YTD
1-2 -1.00u

Going square here again, seems to be the way to go early on in the season. Dickey struggled in April last season mainly due to weather. Spring rain and winds robbed his knuckler of its effect. He's indoors now and has expressed confidence in throwing on the Rogers Centre mound already. I sincerely want to fade the hype on this Blue Jays team but it is a scary looking lineup. The mixture of speed and power facing a sinker baller that pitches to contact is a recipe for disaster. I see the Blue Jays getting after Masterson the 2nd or 3rd time through the line up and putting up runs. Masterson was significantly worse on the road last year. As for the Indians, their lineup is improved but only 2 players on their roster have 10 AB's or more against Dickey. Bourn has decent #'s against Dickey and can create problems in the lead off spot. Swisher is 2-12 off Dickey but one of those hits was a HR. Coming off facing Spring Training pitchers going through the motions to facing a knuckle ball that cannot be replicated or prepared for is a tough way to start the season in front of a raucous crowd expecting great things.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
Nino, I'm on Indians but beside the point, you going to respond to a PM or you too fukkin big time, pal?
Deemer, you most likely being on the Indians definitely went into this play

As far as your PM is concerned, El Niņo Enterprises is weighing the Pros and Cons and will reply in a timely manner via Players Talk.