Login Search

**why we bet on sports/poker/etc

Last Post

Default **why we bet on sports/poker/etc

let's face it, life is pretty boring. and watching stuff like the nascar truck race tonight without any money on it is pathetic.

so let's think about who is better off in the long run

1) the guy that doesn't bet on sports or play poker. he still has money in the stock market and makes decisions every day that involve risk, but he doesn't see it that way and lives a boring, crappy life
2) the guy that lays -110 on tv games to make them fun to watch
3) the guy that handicaps from morning to night, always looking to chase steam, scalp, bonus whore, and other various +ev opportunities. only plays poker if he's getting propped or 100%+ rakeback. only machine he will stick money in is a 99.4% or better video poker with a kickback that pushes it over 100%.

i say it's a combination of 2 and 3

many here will argue that it's #3 only, and that gambling should only be done if it's +ev, but that sure does take the fun out of life

Wouldn't watch a World Series... Super Bowl.... Stanley Cup Final... or NBA Championship series without money on it. When I was younger... from 1996-1999 I never watched sports... never watched ESPN... until that one day in later 1999... I made my first WUUUU deposit. And then... it started. First sport I wagered on... was NHL... and now... I don't even wager the NHL.... I only wager on the crooked sports... NBA NFL

I felt like this was an Auto-Biography? Mike take over from here...