Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
Ovechkin may not play for Caps. Game time decision. Didn't participate in morning skate due to personal reasons
Few major points that caught my eye:
- After getting scored against facing first shot in the season Sharks are having a clean sheet for 118 minutes, Martin Jones and defense are looking solid.
- Sharks are coming into the match with 2 victories over rivals while Caps have barely won their season opener vs poor Devils who were back-to-back with backup in net. Only 2nd season game tonight, they need to warm up still.
- Caps are without first centreman - Backstrom, and now possibly without Ovie. Since Sharks have a good penalykilling that would be a huge blow for Caps who rely on Ovie for PP realization. Game-time decision but still, never a good sign when your captain and franchise name is having personal issues.
- Joel Ward is back in town, already has 2 assists in 2 games for Sharks.
- Sharks have beaten Caps in last 18/21 mutual games, though last 4 went into OT.

A) Pick Capitals to break the tradition, they are usually pretty decent at their home ice.
B) Pick Sharks as an obvious underdog choice.
C) Stay away from this match as anything can happen.

I'm going with C, though if Ovie is out, I might hop on Sharks later.

Quote Originally Posted by ZdenoK View Post
Few major points that caught my eye:
- After getting scored against facing first shot in the season Sharks are having a clean sheet for 118 minutes, Martin Jones and defense are looking solid.
- Sharks are coming into the match with 2 victories over rivals while Caps have barely won their season opener vs poor Devils who were back-to-back with backup in net. Only 2nd season game tonight, they need to warm up still.
- Caps are without first centreman - Backstrom, and now possibly without Ovie. Since Sharks have a good penalykilling that would be a huge blow for Caps who rely on Ovie for PP realization. Game-time decision but still, never a good sign when your captain and franchise name is having personal issues.
- Joel Ward is back in town, already has 2 assists in 2 games for Sharks.
- Sharks have beaten Caps in last 18/21 mutual games, though last 4 went into OT.

A) Pick Capitals to break the tradition, they are usually pretty decent at their home ice.
B) Pick Sharks as an obvious underdog choice.
C) Stay away from this match as anything can happen.

I'm going with C.

Went B in regulation

Kings and Ducks have really struggled in their first few games, especially the Kings. This is not to say that Sharks D has not impressive, but it's benefited greatly from the Ducks and Kings' poor form. At the same time, and as you noted, it is likely to benefit from not having Ovie in the lineup (price has already adjusted as if he's not going to play).

Reading some of the beat writers take on the game and if Ovechkin is a no go tonight, they expect only a minor shakeup in their lines--3rd and 4th line to stay the same. Stanislaw Galiev to mix it up with Line 1 or 2.

If you didn't snag SJ early, I think the only play as of right now is Caps as a small favorite...Ovechkin is a critical player, but not worth .25 imho.

According to Trotz MoJo would fill the role in 1st line and Galiev would then probably play on 2nd line, keeping 3rd and 4th lines intact. But as I mentioned Ovie is a huge deal for Caps' powerplay, also his physical presence should be noted. My guess is he will play tonight anyway and everyone is just making too big deal out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
Ovechkin may not play for Caps. Game time decision. Didn't participate in morning skate due to personal reasons
Got an alert that Ovie has only misses like 20 games in 11 seasons. What a beast!
Give Points

Points Awarded:

ZdenoK gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.