Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aubsdad View Post
I like Minnesota also, but this makes me a bit nervous Best of luck to you

Ottawa is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Ottawa is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Minnesota
Irrelevant trend. They are in different conferences and rarely play one another. Minnesota didn't even play Ottawa last year. 2 seasons ago they payed once (in Ottawa). You have a Western team with a top notch home record 16-8 (for ML betting purposes) against an Eastern Conference team with a 9-12 road record and a -15 goal differential. Easy play here on the Wild at +$.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
1/14

Minnesota Wild (+102) 2u BookMaker
Montreal Canadiens 1st 60 min -1/2 (+105) 5Dimes

YTD
70-69-3 -0.74u
I do not know what is up with this line on Minnesota.....a good western team, playing reasonably well and playing at home (25 wins and 23 losses....and at home 16 wins against 8 losses) versus Ott, an eastern team, on the road, overall 20-26 with a road record of 9-13....

Even odds? I get that OTT is playing decently right now and that Minny has been so-so.....and that there are injuries being taken into account.....but this is still a great line.

Made MTL a no play, but if I was leaning I think you are on the right side.

GL tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
I do not know what is up with this line on Minnesota.....a good western team, playing reasonably well and playing at home (25 wins and 23 losses....and at home 16 wins against 8 losses) versus Ott, an eastern team, on the road, overall 20-26 with a road record of 9-13....

Even odds? I get that OTT is playing decently right now and that Minny has been so-so.....and that there are injuries being taken into account.....but this is still a great line.

Made MTL a no play, but if I was leaning I think you are on the right side.

GL tonight.
I'm not over analyzing it. I like Keumper a hell of a lot more than Backstrom at this point. I don't think Ottawa has the style of play that frustrates Minnesota either.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
I'm not over analyzing it. I like Keumper a hell of a lot more than Backstrom at this point. I don't think Ottawa has the style of play that frustrates Minnesota either.
A little late, however, I saw Keump play my Hawks last year in the playoffs, and man was he a joke. Is he NHL ready? Sure, as a backup. But putting him over Backstrom, no f'ing way.