Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Question for NHL stat-weenies: it seems to me that "once upon a time" (ie. before i started betting hockey, and thus became more sensitive to such things)...it seemed that a team carrying a one-goal lead into the last 5 minutes of regulation would register a win in regulation the vast majority of time

has that % (of the team leading by exactly one-goal at the 55:00 mark of regulation...winning the game inside regulation) changed over the last few years vs. it's long-term average (i strongly suspect that it has changed...more specifically, that it has fallen)

if someone could get yearly "conversion rates of one-goal-leads held at 55' mark to reg-victories"...for as many years going back as possible, i could do a simple test to see if it has changed in general or dropped specifically, subject to the standard of "statistical significance"

context: i was on ANA ml last night...and what i used to think of as a rather improbably unfortunate turn of events...is now becoming what i expect...and I'm happily surprised/grateful when the team i'm on ML with a few minutes left actually "takes care of business" the straightforward way
Last edited by fitguy67; 11-21-13 at 03:48 PM.